Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Red Dot concealment concerns

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I have done rhe eps, eps carry, 407k, rmr and a 507c. They all have varying degrees of difference but the only one that wasn't a bad combo with a sig 365xl with 407k. Great carrying combo until I rusted the gun so badly I couldn't drop the mag.
    Had a buddy's p365 do the same thing

A lot of food for thought. Thank you everyone

I have done rhe eps, eps carry, 407k, rmr and a 507c. They all have varying degrees of difference but the only one that wasn't a bad combo with a sig 365xl with 407k. Great carrying combo until I rusted the gun so badly I couldn't drop the mag.
    I can't figure that out about the 365. My wife has been carrying THIS same 365 for four years AIWB or IWB, and the only corrosion is some light speckling on the corner of the slide.

Name:  IMG_7474.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  53.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Off topic but agreed. Having kids and all the random toddler stuff has really changed my perspective on enjoying life while having self defense tools. And learning to largely ignore the shrieking gun culture, “mission drives the gear” platitudes that are vomited around.

To the OP, the Enigma has its vocal advocates, but when you find the right set up for it; the advocates are right. It’s a solid option.
    I'll get comfy with big guns again in flannel season, like the 2 G19s ove been shooting since the sumemr, because a flannel is my concealment hack lol. Everything about them is great for concealment. Weighty material that pulls itself down, pattern breaks things up, thick material. But then 2 or 3 weeks ago, we went to a new busy playground after church, and it was beautiful and warm. I took off my flannel and untucked my tee shirt to enjoy the weather with my family.

Then I spent the entire time I was playing with my daughter all over the playset with half my focus on keeping my 19 from printing like nuts as a I moved and wind and picked her up and down. Thats when i said screw it.

That night I kept working on my g42 Enigma deep carry rig until I was happier with it, and when I saw that it was working well even with the extended mag, thats when I said screw it again, I'm going to a 365xl or 43x or something and just carry that year round.

Name:  20240317_123346.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  43.2 KB
    G43X. The 43 length muzzle is a game changer for deep carry mobility for me vs a 48 which I carried most of last summer before just going to 2x 19s.

Name:  received_1108634090178726.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  54.9 KB

42 setup I'm using with the 43X now
    Last edited by Noah; 03-19-2024 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I can't figure that out about the 365. My wife has been carrying THIS same 365 for four years AIWB or IWB, and the only corrosion is some light speckling on the corner of the slide.

Fourth of July in New mexico. Wore the gun all day, got home and put it on the night stand. Didn't wipe it down, which I guess is my fault but I've never had a pistol rust before, at least nothing anywhere near that. Woke up the next day and it was completely rusted. I'll see if I have photos. Prior to that I only ever had the mags rust which basically seemed like if your breathed in the same room the moisture turned then orange

I'm running a PDP Compact with 509T (which is a pretty big honkin' rig) in a JMCK 2.5. The back right corner of the optic sometimes prints through. I have wondered if an optic with a round shape, like an SRO would be as noticeable. I'm fortunate that my little social circle is, at worst, ambivalent about me having the pistol on me.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Def sweat ph balance

I swear a gun 7am to midnight daily in Texas. I never wipe down except cleaning it once a month

Have a buddy that needs to clean weekly. Wipe down every 2 days

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Def sweat ph balance

I swear a gun 7am to midnight daily in Texas. I never wipe down except cleaning it once a month

Have a buddy that needs to clean weekly. Wipe down every 2 days
    Is the next PF Thread Drift (TM) going to be a discussion about how to use diet and natural remedies to adjust your sweat PH for less corrosion?

I'm the complete opposite. I have mastermind and wilderness belts and they concealed worst for me and the 2.5 center only clips printed much worst then the weider spread dcc.

Concealment is such a weird thing
    Same for me. Tenicor zero is the best belt I've found for concealment.

I'll echo what others have said about the enigma. But I've come to the conclusion I can't carry anything bigger than a 365xl without printing beyond my comfort level. Full size guns are a no go for me. I do find the optic harder to conceal and will often carry irons for that reason in warmer months.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List