Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ankle holsters with minimal bulk for use with with straight cut pants

Ankle holsters with minimal bulk for use with with straight cut pants

I recently purchased a Galko ankle glove for my 642 that’s incredibly comfortable, but the added bulk of the padding between the revolver and my leg is preventing me from concealing adequately in straight cut pants. I tested wearing two socks with the (unloaded) 642 in the pocket between them around the house and the lack of bulk conceals fantastically but retention and access is obviously not adequate. For those of you that like to wear straight pants, have you found any ankle holsters that have minimum bulk, even with a compromise to overall comfort?

One must also consider access as the straight leg pants can be difficult to pull up to draw

The real answer is a smaller ankle gun as the 642 is somewhat bulky or wider leg pants

Site Supporter
    A Galco Ankle Glove is a really good compromise between concealability and comfort. You would not like an ankle holster without the padding.

If you need a thinner total package, consider a Glock 42, Ruger LCP, or Kel-Tec P-32.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Desantis Apache. Remove the redundant Velcro retention strap - the Wilderness original didn’t need one, and neither does the Apache. The pouch stitching design gives more than enough retention with tension on the back of the trigger guard + the tight stretchy pouch.

I’ve carried my 642 in one for years, whenever ankle carry is the order of the day, and it works perfectly.

The Wilderness Renegade copy seems smaller than the Galco's I owned in the past.

Name:  Ankle LCR.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  59.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    The Wilderness Renegade copy seems smaller than the Galco's I owned in the past.

Name:  Ankle LCR.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  59.4 KB
    This

I've used a Renegade for the past 17 years. I also own a 5Shot and and an Alessi (both better than the Galco). I prefer the Renegade design.

When my original Renegade finally gave up the ghost a few years back, I bought the Wilderness version. It's just as good as the original if not better.

Site Supporter
    The Renegade is an awesome design for a revolver. However, a friend who has tried the semiauto versions from the original maker found a pressure point on his leg from the snap on the retention strap.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I ankle carried very rarely. Only in formal occasions with suit and tie where a IWB or pocket was not an option. I tried a bunch of different ones, all sucked. They would all either ride down, shift, loosen or stick out too far. This was the only one I found to work for me. Its basically a sleeve...or a sock with a "pocket" for a gun and a spare mag.

https://bugbiteholsters.com/the-bugbite-holster/

Desantis Apache also works for me, but I don't wear straight-leg pants, so YMMV.

I just bought a new Galco Ankle Lite for my G26 to replace the one had had to be 15+ years old. I wear 505 jeans all the time.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List