Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt Side Sling Mount

Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    I use MagPul SL hand guards as they give me a little more real estate to work with and I use a WOTG Proctor sling with the loop around the back of the hand guard.

Or around the front between the FSB and hand guard.

Thats a legit setup man, does the loop not slide up the receiver? I really want to switch to the SL as I don't really like the triangular shape of the MOE.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    A BFG Universal Wire Loop works pretty well there. Wrap it around the barrel where the FN/Colt M4 side sling mount goes and live happily ever after. When done right, you can rotate it under the FSB for righty or lefty low ready carry without removing it.
    I spoke to BFG about it after after reading your suggestion and they advised against using the Uloop and Universal Wire Loop on the barrel or FSB. They advised to do what I have been doing which is a paracord loop around the bottom sling swivel. It works but was looking for something better as when I bend over, the rifle wants to flop upside down. I'll find a solution eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I've been using a Midwest Industries light mount that clamps on the front sight tower and puts a section of pic rail and a QD sling socket on both sides of the tower. I've had it on my work carbine for a few years and am happy with it.

https://midwestindustriesinc.com/mi-...l-light-mount/
    I'm using that now and it is awesome. I use it to mount my light.

Quote Originally Posted by AdequatleySupervised View Post
    Thats a legit setup man, does the loop not slide up the receiver? I really want to switch to the SL as I don't really like the triangular shape of the MOE.
    I don’t use the loop on the rear, just thread it through the stock.
    The loop on the hand guard is a perfect fit and ain’t going nowhere.

I do keep the plastic tube against the FSB just in case I ever have to dump a dozen mags.

User Tag List