Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your Old School Carry?

One day I'd like an old PP in .32 but I can never seem to justify it when the price hikes last minute on them, and ammo pretty pricey too

I'd like to get an old cut down 1917 or later Brazilian version of same in .45, but cut to 3" or hair longer...

Would a modern expensive made 1908 made to be drop safe count? Beautiful lines and seems to be a very practical size carry pistol, if it were more updated and safe to carry cocked etc.

Browning Hi Power.

My current EDC is an EDC X9, so that would match well.

Site Supporter
    S&W Model 1955 Target Model .45 ACP, S&W Model 38 .38 Special, and Beretta Jetfire .25 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Is this hypothetical (what I would like to have that was available “old school”, or must I own it now), and must it have been produced/available prior to 1945, or just something that meets the rest of the parameters?
    This. In spirit, or in actuality?

My oldest handgun is a nickle M37, but was produced in the 80's.

My 3 snubbies sport rubber grips, and my 2x 1911's and Browning Hi-Power have G10 stocks, and left their respective factories well after 1945.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

The first handgun I was issued: 4" Speed-six in a Ted Blocker pancake. I'd load it with .38 +P Gold Dots.

Name:  20240318_212538.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  81.9 KB
    Spinny boy options...

Name:  20240318_213256.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  39.2 KB
    Bottom feeder options...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Site Supporter
    S&W Model 19 w Pachmyrs
    Sparks PMK
    Earnie Hill Leather Belt
    Spare HKS Speed Loader

Or

Kimber Series I 1911
    G Wm Davis Straight Drop IWB
    Matching IWB Double Mag Pouch
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Either a custom 9mm Colt Combat Officers Model, my S&W 4" model 13-1, or my S&W 442.

I do also occasionally woods carry a Vaquero in .45lc.

My old (circa 1990) stainless S&W 649-2 in .38 Special (LOVE the humpbacks).
    Shoots to POA at 7 yards with Remington 158gr +P LSWCHP.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Based on my assumption that it qualifies as a "service auto", I carry this quite frequently today:

4.25" bbl. Dan Wesson Guardian .45 ACP pistol with Dan Wesson Valor ledge rear sight and gold bead front sight. 230 gr. JHP ammo. Flush fit 7-round magazine with two 8-round mags with base pads in reserve. Use either OWB or IWB holster depending on weather/clothing/environment. I've had it 11 1/2 years. Weighs 34.7 oz. loaded. Carries as comfortably and conceals as easily as many plastic pistols weighing 4-5 oz. less and with shorter barrels.

Definitely not HSLD, but I like it . . . . a lot.

User Tag List