Thread: Good pocket revolver class in the North East?

Good pocket revolver class in the North East?

Does anyone know an instructor for J frames in the North East? There used to be at least two guys teaching a pocket revolver classes but I can't find anything out there now. I've been trying to get into a class with Michael deBethencourt of snub training in Mass for at least 10 years but he was always booked up. I'm not sure he's even doing it anymore since the site is down. Chris Fry of MDTS was another great instructor who would offer BUG classes but he's in Vegas now. Anyone seen anything out there within 3-4 hr drive of NYC?

I trained with Michael de Bethencourt at least 10 years ago. He was excellent. His whereabouts today I have no clue. Perhaps someone on NorthEast Shooters Forum might know?

A quick google search turned up a recent published article here: https://snubnoir.com/

He appears to be active on FaceBook.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I trained with Michael de Bethencourt at least 10 years ago. He was excellent. His whereabouts today I have no clue. Perhaps someone on NorthEast Shooters Forum might know?

A quick google search turned up a recent published article here: https://snubnoir.com/

He appears to be active on FaceBook.
    Thanks for this. I was a member of the "I'm with Roscoe" forum/mailer/website back in the day and then it just stopped. I didn't keep up with them after they changed names. Happy the guys kept it up. I'll go join that now. thanks!

Thumbs up for deBethancourt. Try a Google search under his name, or for "Snub Noir."

Is Ohio too far? Greg Ellifritz does snub classes...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Is Ohio too far? Greg Ellifritz does snub classes...
    I'm pretty sure that Greg moved to Texas after he retired. Not sure where he's teaching, though.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List