Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: New RCS holster... Side car style

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    This is an absolutely hilarious response.

I don't know you, your range of experience, your knowledge base, or what you do professionally. I know what I do professionally, as a hobby, and even semi-professionally. And it has a lot to do with studying trends, data, pattern recognition, and even making kydex things.

If you were sharing an opposing viewpoint in a productive and constructive way or making a cogent point about things, I might be willing to hear you out. That is actually a huge part of my job and the way I am. I am, perhaps surprising to you, one of the most rational, reasonable, objective, and balanced people out there and I'd give the shirt off my back to help virtually anyone.

But thus far you have made zero contribution to this thread or the discussion of this holster design. You have actually contributed far less to the material discussion of this holster. In fact, though you can't seem to be unbiased in it - you can go look at my posts and see my comments on the clarity if the production decisions and products.

Your main contributions here have been to say, "RCS innovates through using new technology. Name another company that does that!" - I named several, three specifically, plus another that I didn't name, but happen to co-own, that use CAD and even...gasp...additive manufacturing to produce prototypes and design products (did you see that coming?).

Hatred towards a company? Not even a little bit. I actually own multiple RCS products myself (and did you see that one coming?)

The difference between our two points of view is being realistic and experienced enough to recognize both a long history of middling product (this may also surprise you, but I've been knowing about and even using RCS products since ~2006) AND spending a not insignificant portion of my time studying and making things in addition to having a wee bit (I guess now...almost 25 years) of experience in running businesses.

I harbor no ill will towards you or RCS and I do hope they succeed in this endeavor. I also hope to one day take Sydney Sweeney out on a date. I'm not willing to bet my money on either of those, based on experience.

With this, I conclude our conversation.
    Your reply makes my point, you have just given me your entire 'claim to fame' unsolicited when I never asked for it. You condemned the product and price prior to ever experiencing it for yourself, this is a rather grand display of arrogance which you defend with your immense 'experience'. This is a SUBJECTIVE matter, my friend. Everyone has a different take on holsters and the fact that you call RCS a mid-level product shows that you feel your views are holier-than-tho. You have every right to say that is where you rate them but it seems you expect others to share your viewpoints. Please just stop passing judgement, the world is full of judges... we don't need anymore. Why not simply not buy it and keep your mouth shut? Because you like making drama about as much as a 10 year old girl does...

Edited: On second thought. Nah, not worth the effort.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post
    Your reply makes my point, you have just given me your entire 'claim to fame' unsolicited when I never asked for it. You condemned the product and price prior to ever experiencing it for yourself, this is a rather grand display of arrogance which you defend with your immense 'experience'. This is a SUBJECTIVE matter, my friend. Everyone has a different take on holsters and the fact that you call RCS a mid-level product shows that you feel your views are holier-than-tho. You have every right to say that is where you rate them but it seems you expect others to share your viewpoints. Please just stop passing judgement, the world is full of judges... we don't need anymore. Why not simply not buy it and keep your mouth shut? Because you like making drama about as much as a 10 year old girl does...
    I’ll say this. You are a troll who picks a fight. And you pass judgement under a different name. Just because you do not like what you see doesn’t mean a difference of opinion. Okay my man. You really need to chill.

Here's an idea. If you feel that strongly about it, how about you buy the $200 holster and prove us all wrong?
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Site Supporter
    RCS has gone downhill for the last 10 years, I didn't read the whole thread, but somebody please tell me that thing isn't 200 fucking dollars?

My initial impression is it looks to be made by Tupperware and based off of a dish strainer. Time will tell this may be the next big thing

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    RCS has gone downhill for the last 10 years, I didn't read the whole thread, but somebody please tell me that thing isn't 200 fucking dollars?
    I hate to be the one.

Looks alright , I might try if the price is "right" .. with raven I double it
    Who pays more than $100s for a piece of kydex anyway .. ??
    So Nah ..

I read the whole thread and saw the Instagram photos. However, I still don't understand what the unique value proposition of this product is. Is this the most concealable? Is it the most comfortable? Is it the easiest way to carry a reload?

If I remember correctly, the unique value proposition of the Perun was that they were trying to produce a holster that was the easiest to manufacture, least amount of material, and be modular. That is to say, they said it was designed for a gov contract to limit the amount of sku numbers that needed to approved.

I still don't understand what need this solves or what unique features this has from the consumer perspective that are different. If the manufacturing process is the most unique thing about it...that is irrelevant to me. That's just an internal business decision and production issue...not a customer facing issue.

Allow me to be the biggest asshole in the room. It's my specialty.

You quite condescendingly asked those condemning this overpriced plastic brick of a gunholder if they had any experience running a business. RR quite succinctly answered and, in my opinion, proved himself more than qualified to debate the subject. So you did, in fact, ask for it. You apparently don't like the answer and are trying to backpedal and also move the goal posts.

While I hate to be the one using appeal to accomplishment the general active membership here has a moderate bit of experience with holsters, enough to know the proposed price isn't likely to match up to whatever claimed superawesomeninjagunning advantages this holster supposedly provides. It's been repeatedly stated we hope there's success with this and perhaps there's some manner of whizbangery to discover we're somehow limited in deducing from evaluation of the overall design. However, knowing what the community here knows about holsters and the general beneficial traits that aid in effectively concealing and comfortably carrying a gun all day from what's likely enough boxes of holsters between us to fill up a small warehouse there's a reasonable skepticism.

You continue to take any criticism of this as yet unreleased product as some personal attack akin to having kicked in your door and murdered your dog. You're the one perpetuating drama by getting your panties in a wad and playing passive-aggressive with folks rightfully expressing reservations of this being the greatest leap forward in holster technology ever.

As of now, RR has at least provided some background in order to help grant weight to his opinion on this matter. Until you provide something of having similar or greater knowledge/experience on why we should value YOUR opinion at all, howsabout you kitten off?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List