Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New RCS holster... Side car style

New RCS holster... Side car style

Executive Select Series

Name:  img_8302-1.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  14.8 KB

Not sure what to think about this. For my use it seems like the magazine has the bullets facing the wrong direction for efficient use. I carry a spare with a DSG Koala on my weak side with the bullets facing in.

Do not want.
    #RESIST

It kind of looks cool, like a SciFi movie prop, but... Nah.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I have not been a fan of Raven since they went a different direction with their business.

Their products and pricing makes them almost not even relevant anymore IMO.

Site Supporter
    Could be reading it wrong, but it looks like the idea is that the magazine is stacked behind the muzzle of the gun creating a wedge similar to what’s on a tenicor. Seems like a novel idea, and using injection molded plastic instead of Kydex opens up really interesting possibilities for further divorcing the shape of the gun from the shape of the holster.

Of course, the big problem is that not everyone needs the same type of wedge placed in the same spot. Really not sure what they’re thinking with the mag orientation there… it would be an easy enough thing to make the mag caddy capable of accepting bullets facing either direction, so hopefully that’s what they did.

The mag looks a little too deep in the caddy for my liking, and I hope they’ll have more attachment options than a monoblock. I understand the convenience factor, but I find dual DCC 4.1s to be far more stable/secure and not appreciably slower to don and doff.

Overall, this particular holster seems like a miss but there are cool implications here.

I'd be interested if I was down to one functional arm/hand.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Time will tell, but this quote, "Modular Carry: Ability to nest other essential carry items within void spaces inside the body of the holster" - makes it sound like the sidecar isn't necessarily just for magazines but maybe TQs or a knife or something. In which case they may have just modeling a mag inside for illustration purposes.

I actually don't hate this design at first glance, because it looks nicely rounded and minimal (especially for a sidecar) without a bunch of extraneous hardware. If they actually closed the bucket so to speak, I view that as a plus (I know not everyone does).

It is weird though.

Also, addendum this AI-style lost-in-translation verbiage:

Human-Centered Design
    Has got to fucking go. I'm not sure what a holster that isn't human-centered in its design would look like, but my dogs don't carry guns. Neither does a raccoon or a Roomba.

Also, all designs, designed by humans, are definitionally human-centered. But that's a pedantic point for another day.

The last thing I want is a bigger holster.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm not sure what a holster that isn't human-centered in its design would look like, but my dogs don't carry guns. Neither does a raccoon or a Roomba.
    Be careful what you wish for.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List