Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New RCS holster... Side car style

Name:  mail.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  14.0 KB

Got this in an email from RCS. I still think the magazine is positioned in the wrong orientation.

Got the email to pre-purchase. $200 seems a bit steep for this. It also looks like a huge mass.

At $200 for pre-order, I think I’ll wait it out for a bit.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I was very interested in this…. However they need to make it for real Glocks (17, 19, etc) and the price needs to be much less.
    **OK**

I feel like an auctioneer here:

"Alright folks, let's get the bidding going. Additive Manufactured Raven Concealment Systems Codpiece. Guaranteed to possibly work for your concealment needs or your money not back. For sure won't look fancy on Instagram. It definitely won't end up in your box of holsters. Opening bid do I hear 200?"

No...you're saying that's the cost of a handmade 5-Shot SME and this is a 3D printed plastic codpiece?

175?

No...you're saying that's the cost of a handmade Garrity Invictus and this is a 3D printed boat anchor?

150?

No...you're right, that's still more than a Milt Sparks IWB.

$100 opening bid!

What...you're saying that's the price of a Ronin Gunleather Aegis IWB with adjustable tuck and cant?

75 bucks!

Oh that's the cost of a JM Custom Kydex Quick Ship?

So....50 bucks?

---

I know, I know, innovation, never been done before, game changer, totally new approach to making holsters, industry altering tech...blah blah blah. It's a hunk of 3D printed plastic...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

"Alright folks, let's get the bidding going. Additive Manufactured Raven Concealment Systems Codpiece. Guaranteed to possibly work for your concealment needs or your money not back. For sure won't look fancy on Instagram. It definitely won't end up in your box of holsters. Opening bid do I hear 200?"

No...you're saying that's the cost of a handmade 5-Shot SME and this is a 3D printed plastic codpiece?

175?

No...you're saying that's the cost of a handmade Garrity Invictus and this is a 3D printed boat anchor?

150?

$100 opening bid!

What...you're saying that's the price of a Ronin Gunleather Aegis IWB with adjustable tuck and cant?

75 bucks!

So....50 bucks?

---

I know, I know, innovation, never been done before, game changer, totally new approach to making holsters, industry altering tech...blah blah blah. It's a hunk of 3D printed plastic...
    Lmao - this is *exactly* where I am with this. Just no way I can justify spending $200 when that is SME range.

I’m sure they have a really great reason that I’m just not capable of understanding the greatness of for placing the mag in the opposite orientation of pretty much every decent mag pouch out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

175?

150?

$100 opening bid!

75 bucks!

So....50 bucks?

---

Manufacturing is only one component of a companies actual expenses. You literally have no idea how many man hours have been spent in bringing this to market or any other aspect of their business for that matter. Are you suggesting they simply sat down and drew a single CAD up and then hit 'Print' and called it a day? There are literally no other aspects to business that mean anything at all here to you?

The great thing about capitalism is that if you feel it's overpriced..... you simply don't buy it. I'm not buying it for this reason, capitalism will bring the price more in line with what people are willing to pay for it over time. There's only one place to go when selling anything.... DOWN. It's a smart move to start high and allow the market response to work down to where the pricing will be stable and support future demand, etc.

If you were looking for Ferrari performance would you jump on the nearest forum you can get to and feed them the same argument about how expensive it is? Are you that poor that $200 is so unbelievably offensive to you that you must blabber about it on the forum to others? I'm certain RCS when they set pricing and came up with a marketing scheme... was very concerned about how RevolverRob felt about this....

How much experience do you have running a business directly? I don't mean do you work for a business, have you ever OWNED a business and been the one responsible for every decision when it's all said and done? It's easy to armchair quarterback when you've never played the game...

Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post
    Manufacturing is only one component of a companies actual expenses. You literally have no idea how many man hours have been spent in bringing this to market or any other aspect of their business for that matter. Are you suggesting they simply sat down and drew a single CAD up and then hit 'Print' and called it a day? There are literally no other aspects to business that mean anything at all here to you?

The great thing about capitalism is that if you feel it's overpriced..... you simply don't buy it. I'm not buying it for this reason, capitalism will bring the price more in line with what people are willing to pay for it over time. There's only one place to go when selling anything.... DOWN. It's a smart move to start high and allow the market response to work down to where the pricing will be stable and support future demand, etc.

If you were looking for Ferrari performance would you jump on the nearest forum you can get to and feed them the same argument about how expensive it is? Are you that poor that $200 is so unbelievably offensive to you that you must blabber about it on the forum to others? I'm certain RCS when they set pricing and came up with a marketing scheme... was very concerned about how RevolverRob felt about this....

How much experience do you have running a business directly? I don't mean do you work for a business, have you ever OWNED a business and been the one responsible for every decision when it's all said and done? It's easy to armchair quarterback when you've never played the game...
    Dear Mr. RCS Hasbara:

Last year Raven sent me an email blast advertising a limited run of their Phantom holster for the princely sum of $124.99. Is the Phantom a good holster? Yes. Is it a basic pancake holster design I can get from literally any reputable maker for less than half that, and a whole slew of less reputable makers for a third of that? Also yes.

Raven has historically always been the most expensive game in town and there is really no evidence that anything they’ve done in the past decade or so is Ferrari-like holster performance. Quite the contrary, I own two of their recent mag pouch designs and both are shockingly mediocre for what they cost.

Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post

This time I am going to directly ask the question:

Are you associated in a professional/semi-professional setting with Raven Concealment Systems?

Astroturfing is expressly forbidden by P-F's Code of Conduct. If you are you need to expressly state as much. At this stage your vehement defense of RCS, this product, and its performance makes it appear that you have some type of knowledge or inside information that others are lacking, implying a professional connection with RCS.

Well, not that it is super relevant, but...

I have a small business with a P-F member here (link in my signature). I was part owner and manager for my family's construction business until my father retired - that was ~20 years. And I run an academic research program which is running a business - in that I am responsible and the decisions I make have massive consequences on myself and lab members - including whether or not they can eat, pay rent, and live. Which means if I fuck up - the consequences are very fucking real.

So, yes...I am/have been in the position where I have to own every decision I make. I have to deal with the consequences of those decisions. And as a result, whether you like it or not - I am imminently fucking qualified to assess the business decisions and marketing decisions of various other companies with both a critical eye and a careful one.

This makes the second time you have crammed your foot in your mouth, thoroughly, in this thread. I, personally, derive no joy from this. I suggest that you cease your attempts to attack and/or tear down me or others in defense of an RCS product. One that only a select few have had opportunity to assess hands on.

User Tag List