Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New RCS holster... Side car style

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    This is a pet peeve of mine - don't tell me it's cool - show me - the technical glory and details. If you're not ready - then the product isn't ready.
    Pretty much where I was at from the start. This is more like a crowd funding or a kickstarter... seems silly for an established company. Building hype? IDK...

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Pretty much where I was at from the start. This is more like a crowd funding or a kickstarter... seems silly for an established company. Building hype? IDK...
    Especially with the assumption that RCS is very driven by organizational purchasers. So, while I may be wrong, I would imagine a good quantity of the initial production is going straight to an agency door.

And frankly that’s kind of what the design looks like, a “good enough” solution for a pencil-whipper to get a few hundred in the storeroom. Not being a hater, as Raven seems to have really embraced that and it’s a solid business model.

Plus, they (Raven) don’t have to cater to the general public and deal with criticisms about why they don’t make a holster for a 1903 Colt with an O-Light, or whatever random poly80, 320, etc, thing is currently popular.

Edit: Read through the IG link, RCS stated it was indeed an early prototype pictured; production version will have more refinements. So I’m still mildly curious. Not a fan of side cars, but if the price is right a simple, no-nonsense back up holster is always nice to have tucked away.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 03-20-2024 at 07:22 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I like the idea of a "sidecar" one and done, grab and go setup, but I know with certainty that sort of thing would crush and pinch the wedding tackle, if I bend at the waist. And I'm a skinny dude.

This thread reminds me while I like a plain old Summer Special!

When something works, roll with it!

I will never be one of the cutting edge cool kids though.

“This is what happens when you work to change things, and first they think you're crazy, then they fight you, and then all of a sudden you change the world.”
    — Elizabeth Holmes

Oh… wait a minute. Um, never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I know with certainty that sort of thing would crush and pinch the wedding tackle, if I bend at the waist
    It seems as though the Kydex codpiece holsters would also get in the way of taking a whiz, at least for men.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Are not most of the Kydex sidecars joined by something that will slightly flex? Seems like the rigid one piece approach omits that key feature.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Are not most of the Kydex sidecars joined by something that will slightly flex? Seems like the rigid one piece approach omits that key feature.

From what I recall, those are usually used to sell people onto their upgraded/premium version. Still plenty of solid ones out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post

As mentioned there are a lot of rigid ones. But in my view - yes (some) flexibility is a feature not a bug.

I was discussing with another PF'er yesterday and we both agreed that the 5-Shot SME is the most comfortable AIWB holster either of us have tried. And that includes a lot of holsters from RCS, JMCK, DSG, etc. Each of those holsters is different and distinct, yet the SME somehow manages to eclipse them all in terms of comfort. Though the SME is a fairly stiff holster, it still has flexibility to it that aids comfort and concealment.

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    It can't be looked at as a sidecar. When we consider the four AIWB features we have to work with, this is just a leading lever rather than a trailing lever (wing). Traditional sheetstock manufacturing does not allow for enough strength to handle the fatigue from something pushing from the inside, it's barely strong enough to last with a wing. If you look at how to make a holster minding the boundary between the gun and the body, and use a strong additive process, you have way more options, to include the leading lever. Once you add that lever you have something in that area that is dead space, regardless of holster, so why not add a little more material and toss a mag there? It's been common to stuff a flashlight there on current holsters anyway.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

User Tag List