Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New RCS holster... Side car style

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Be careful what you wish for.
    Alexa, play "Welcome To The Jungle" ...

Nothing about this is appealing to me personally.

Dual DCC clips >>>> Monoblock for stability. Sidecar holsters are really difficult for me to conceal well, I doubt that changes much even with this new design. I definitely value holster comfort and concealability over carrying an extra magazine. I also find RCS to be very overpriced - $125 for their most competitive AIWB holster, the Jake, which comes with plastic clips that I'd have to change out to DCC at ~$15/shipped per clip. $100 for the injection molded, plastic clip Eidelon is LOL worthy almost.

I bet it was built for a special government contract too. /sarcasm
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Y'all, it's a premium carry experience.
    Who doesn't want that?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Has got to fucking go. I'm not sure what a holster that isn't human-centered in its design would look like, but my dogs don't carry guns. Neither does a raccoon or a Roomba.

Also, all designs, designed by humans, are definitionally human-centered. But that's a pedantic point for another day.
    Well, some of the really cheap, shitty holsters are often manufacturing-centered designs, rather than human-centered. It's like saying a chair was designed using human factors engineering; sounds silly on the face of it, since chairs are suppose to be only really used by humans, but plenty of shitty chairs out there are designed around providing the minimally adequate sitting experience, while emphasizing the ease of manufacturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Well, some of the really cheap, shitty holsters are often manufacturing-centered designs, rather than human-centered. It's like saying a chair was designed using human factors engineering; sounds silly on the face of it, since chairs are suppose to be only really used by humans, but plenty of shitty chairs out there are designed around providing the minimally adequate sitting experience, while emphasizing the ease of manufacturing.
    What have I told you about making sense?

Well, I'll tell you what my wife says, "People don't like it when you make sense."

So, don't go making sense with your logic and perception...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I'd be interested if I was down to one functional arm/hand.
    I still think the holster is set up for that wrong. If it was outside the waistband maybe. But I don’t have enough room in my pants for what this looks like.

Looking at their current line of products, it's hard to believe that RCS used to be one of, if not the best holster makers on the market. The Perun is a good inexpensive OWB holster. The VG2 with a lanyard makes for a handy trigger guard. Other than that... I don't see anything they sell that someone like JMCK, DSG, or Tenicor (to name a few) doesn't do better.

I'm not a Raven hater by any means. I still regularly use a G26 Phantom and mag carrier they made for me while I waited at the Indianapolis gun show back in 2011. I use the aforementioned Perun and VG2 from time to time. But their new product releases just continue to disappoint, IMO.

Idk… I am actually very interested in this holster and can’t wait to try one. I have been a Raven user since 2009 and still carry an Eidolon everyday.
    If you look at the way this is designed, it looks like it would work well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    **OK**

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Do not want.
    Did you write this message on an iPhone?

User Tag List