Thread: RFI: Klikbelts for TSA-friendly, Part 121 Uniform wear

RFI: Klikbelts for TSA-friendly, Part 121 Uniform wear

New Part 121 commuter. Company FOM is passe about uniform specs other than "black belt". Looking for TSA-friendly belt, non-leather preferred but not mandatory.

Anyone tried Klikbelts TSA model? Saw a Klikbelt thread from a few years back, but for carry purposes.

Thanks.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Over the years I wore a few different. For about 20 years, had “other stuff” it needed to support as well. I’ve used double leather from The Beltman, A Liger from Maxpedition (not sure if made anymore) A Wilderness Commuter with the plastic rings (may not be company compliant...too casual). My last belt I wore was a Mastermind Tactics. Oh...I had a buckleless 5:11 or some such at one time too.

Not sure how rigid your FOM is on uniforms. Some are worse than others. Being on probation is a factor too...lol. After a while, you just don’t care.

Best of luck with your career. What you flying?
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

I have this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07V2...b_b_asin_title

I think @GJM mentioned it here.

It is a crazy value for the price.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

In to hear the suggestions. I have the wilderness frequent flyer with the rings and I don't really like it. It works fine but I think the rings are really bulky. I also have the wilderness Lopro that has a delrin buckle. I like the form of it, but it won't stay tight without the velcro. If I cinch it tight with just the buckle it will come loose. Seems to work as long as the velcro is used, but I wonder how long the velcro will hold out.

I will say at least with precheck a little metal seems to get by and I wonder if mastermind's would get through. My garmin watch gets by, which is mostly plastic except the back plate.

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    In to hear the suggestions. I have the wilderness frequent flyer with the rings and I don't really like it. It works fine but I think the rings are really bulky. I also have the wilderness Lopro that has a delrin buckle. I like the form of it, but it won't stay tight without the velcro. If I cinch it tight with just the buckle it will come loose. Seems to work as long as the velcro is used, but I wonder how long the velcro will hold out.

I will say at least with precheck a little metal seems to get by and I wonder if mastermind's would get through. My garmin watch gets by, which is mostly plastic except the back plate.
    I have never had an issue going through the metal detector at the airport with my mastermind belt. I also have a pin in my wrist and a 5" long stainless plate with 5 screws in my leg, so the belt on its own isn't close to the detection threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    My last belt I wore was a Mastermind Tactics.
    I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Best of luck with your career. What you flying?
    The Mighty 7-3...King of the Light Twins. I like the jet and the company.

Site Supporter
    I had the standard issue metal buckle/ leather belt for years and never had issues going through. It was always my watch that they would make me take off. I would spend more time looking for shoes that don’t set the detectors off; that’s way more of a hassle than a belt.

PS, congrats on the new job!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
    New Part 121 commuter. Company FOM is passe about uniform specs other than "black belt". Looking for TSA-friendly belt, non-leather preferred but not mandatory.

Anyone tried Klikbelts TSA model? Saw a Klikbelt thread from a few years back, but for carry purposes.

Thanks.
    Maybe not what you’re looking for, but maybe it is…
    I’ve used this belt in the airline business since 2015:
    https://www.galcogunleather.com/cb3-...html?filters=1
    It’s never been an issue in metal detectors, and is perfect for FFDO gear.
    Not cheap, but it’ll likely last the rest of your flying career. I only bought another one after losing a lot of weight.
    If you get one, you’ll want a size 2” more than your typical pants (jeans) size.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
    I'll check it out.

The Mighty 7-3...King of the Light Twins. I like the jet and the company.

Congrats. I flew the guppy from ‘05-‘08 and again from ‘20-‘23 for the Eskimo. Probably my least favorite ride besides the BAe ATP...but it got me to retirement so...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Not sure about the uniform standards, but for the past year or two I have just been using the Wilderness underbelt with no buckle, just the Velcro. Have Precheck, no problems.
    It is surprisingly rigid, and still good for J-frame or Shield IWB carry.
    Cheap enough to just try if you want.

User Tag List