Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated 1911 Category?

Site Supporter
    1. Concur re no
    2. The 1911 centric forums are a solid source of information as well
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    I'll go with NO. I like my 1911 but don't see the need for fragmentation.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

I am the gun guy for the dept I work for. I recall some years ago... another officer made Training Lt and asked me to teach him everything I know about guns. I responded what are you doing for the next 25 years.

Learning about guns takes time. I started reading about guns and only had books (pre internet).

Shooting is more fun than reading and you learn a lot, working the trigger of guns.

This was taken by a shooting buddy several years ago with machine gun style iphone picture taking.

ejection, chambering and back on sights with the same brass in the air.

IMG 1149

IMG 1150

IMG 1151
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

No. I agree with others. I also think it might be the beginnings the end. I like PF because it’s agnostic

Site Supporter

Just Beginning

I'm just beginning my 1911 .45 journey. I don't yet own one, but have been gathering as much information on the gun as I can. I've been on the 1911 Forum site several time. It's a good site. I picked up a little info there. The site is very active.

I started Nineteen-Elevening at age 21, when I became legally eligible to start buying handguns, in late 1982 or very early 1983. Had I not started working for a PD, and then continued LEO-ing for almost 34 years, I might not have ever become invested in revolving pistols, Glocks, SIGs, and such. I learned to like those other handguns, and even love some of them, but the 1911 remains a special favorite. Even so, no, I do not believe that P-F needs a dedicated 1911 section/category/sub-forum. The one long-running thread on the care and feeding of the 1911 is plenty enough.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Danko View Post
    What are your opinions on PF having a dedicated 1911 category within the Semi-Auto Pistol category?
    It's a terrible idea.

I like 1911s, but I don't carry them anymore and I rarely shoot those I have left. It's interesting to watch the third wave of 1911 love in my lifetime, as young dudes say, "I can't believe the trigger..." Staccatos are the current version of my old GSP (cool kid gun), but this too shall pass when the next great thing comes out and Keanu uses it in a movie.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Going to go with a no. 1911 pistols are what I know best, and shoot the most, but still no.

But, if someone could get the owners of the 1911forum or the 1911Addicts to put them back on taptalk app? That, would be appreciated. I need a phone friendly way to navigate forums people! Hauling out the laptop to discuss extractor tension and flat vs beveled fps is killing me.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    There have been plenty of other places to find 1911-specific info over the years, and nearly all of them end up moribund for one reason or another. Just say no.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Hard pass.

Everyone has platform preferences but most modern day pistols are same enough

User Tag List