Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated 1911 Category?

That's a no for me. I like seeing all the different pistol posts in one place because I'm lazy.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

I love the 1911 dearly, but I don't think we need a separate category here.

There are 1911forum.com and 1911addicts.com

I've been on the first one since 2005 and the second one since 2017ish. I know quite a few others here frequent both of those as well.

Site Supporter
    The 1911 is my favorite pistol type and it's what I use, but I don't think we need a forum section devoted to it. The diversity of pistol choice amongst the members is one of PF's strengths.

I suspect there will always be a 1911 thread or two popping up here, even if it's not the hot topic of the day.

If we were to go platform specific, the Glock would probably have more threads, followed by the 365.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    No. Not needed.

Absolutely not. Pistol-forum is more about practical use as opposed to fanboi veneration of any specific platform. the Semi Auto category has been perfectly adequate for platform-specific discussions.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

I do not think 1911 specific threads are being drowned or lost in the autopistol forum.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

I have actually been a member of PF since the beginning (original account was “Archer”) and one reason why I personally think that this site is unique in a sea of places dedicated to the discussion of these matters is right there on the top of the page- for teachers and students of the pistol. The tone of the site has been very clear and well preserved by the founder’s successors and, in my view, has a certain purity of purpose which continues to make it a unique resource.

Every single relevant platform has its appropriate content here and the clarity of the platforms organization would be diminished by the sort of sub-category proliferation commonly seen elsewhere. There’s a search engine for the content here that can yield far more signal than noise and with respect, the OP would probably benefit from using it.

Nope
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

IMO, there is no need for a 1911 specific sub-forum. It's a semi-auto pistol, and not unique enough to separate it from all the others of the type.

User Tag List