Thread: Gen 5 X300 fitment issues

Gen 5 X300 fitment issues

So I have an X300T-A and it fits great on my Gen 4s with the U rail. As many know, the gen 5s have a wider P notch, leading to wobble with the U mount. The problem is the P mount extends beyond where the U mount is, but on the glock the extra space is behind the bar. I've started to try shaving the P insert down a bit so I would at least get a snug fit, but now the light doesn't sit right, being angled up a bit and the battery latch protrudes past the bottom of the trigger guard. More probably needs taken off.

Has anyone made X300-As (without the spacer) work on Gen 5s without being extremely loose? Should I just continue trying to "fit" a P insert?

I don’t have a gen 5, but I own several X300 on different guns…. If the problem you are having is the battery cover/switch is hitting your trigger guard using the proper plate, then I might have a solution. If you look at the battery cover, there is a small plate that can be removed by drifting out 2 tiny pins. This allows the light to sit back about 1/8”

These are the 2 pins that need to be removed
    Name:  IMG_2644.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  63.7 KB

This is the filler plate
    Name:  IMG_2643.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  36.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    I don’t have a gen 5, but I own several X300 on different guns…. If the problem you are having is the battery cover/switch is hitting your trigger guard using the proper plate, then I might have a solution. If you look at the battery cover, there is a small plate that can be removed by drifting out 2 tiny pins. This allows the light to sit back about 1/8”

These are the 2 pins that need to be removed
    Name:  IMG_2644.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  63.7 KB

This is the filler plate
    Name:  IMG_2643.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  36.6 KB
    Unfortunately, the newer x300s no longer have that spacer.

Things I’ve used and had success with; a small patch of loop Velcro, duck tape and a cut down guitar pick (Fender heavy) to tighten up that area over the years…

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Things I’ve used and had success with; a small patch of loop Velcro, duck tape and a cut down guitar pick (Fender heavy) to tighten up that area over the years…
    Are you just putting it under the rail?

Usually on the back where that spacer used to be. A small patch of loop Velcro seems to work the best for me. It compresses down and just fills up the gaps a bit adding stability. If you want a more solid fitment than that get the B model.
    Last edited by TCB; 03-14-2024 at 11:20 AM.

So I have no idea what's going on. I decided to try shaving the extension on the P latch and it still wouldn't fit right. Took it completely off and tried the rail latch again to take a video for Surefire support and it fit perfectly.

Well I'm glad that's working, but I wish I knew why it wasn't working. Googling around others have had the same issue. Perhaps there's some variation in the mounts, or different screw pressure.

Site Supporter
    I noticed this with my X300U-As with the P mount on my G19.5s. I just give the light bezel a firm push and they click in to place. Give the light a tug afterwards to make sure it's seated. I stupidly launched one over the firing line at the range one day when I didn't check.

You should not have to file anything down in order for the light to fit your gun.

As others have said, press the bezel into the gun and the P latch will click into place. The newer P latches are very very thick and require a little bit of force to get them to seat.

I have five different X300's on five different gen 5 guns and they all fit this way. None of them required any additional filing or fitting.

User Tag List