Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana man pleads guilty to hybrid sheep scheme (LOTS to unpack here)

Montana man pleads guilty to hybrid sheep scheme (LOTS to unpack here)

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/montana-m...003000858.html

An 80-year-old man in Montana pleaded guilty Tuesday to two felony wildlife crimes involving his plan to let paying customers hunt sheep on private ranches. But these weren’t just any old sheep. They were “massive hybrid sheep” created by illegally importing animal parts from central Asia, cloning the sheep, and then breeding an enormous hybrid species.
    #RESIST

Wyoming guys are always relieved when someone else from another state gets caught doing something bad to sheep.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Something about high top boots, barbwire fences, and velcro gloves.

As for the story: WTF?

Wyoming guys are always relieved when someone else from another state gets caught doing something bad to sheep.

Deflection.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Is it just me or doesn’t it appear that the government is more concerned about sheep spreading their seed than “migrating humans”?

The guy’s got… spunk.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

What gets me about high fence, exotics, and cloned animal hunts, is that there is no shortage of limp-dicked douchebags who want a pic of themselves as a man's man on a canned hunt. With that in mind, good for the old guy who fleeced them.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    What gets me about high fence, exotics, and cloned animal hunts, is that there is no shortage of limp-dicked douchebags who want a pic of themselves as a man's man on a canned hunt. With that in mind, good for the old guy who fleeced them.
    Completely unbidden, an exchange from Way of the Gun came to my mind...

"It's like these days they wanna be criminals more than they wanna commit crime"

"That's not just crime, that's just the way of the world."

Props to the old guy indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Is it just me or doesn’t it appear that the government is more concerned about sheep spreading their seed than “migrating humans”?
    Crimes are prosecuted based on venue within a jurisdiction.

If the District of Montana declined prosecution of this case, that doesn't mean the southern border districts would have been able to prosecute more cases...nor does the District of Montana have an immigration problem on the Canadian border that needs further attention. I would also danger a guess that the entire District of Montana's staff is probably smaller or comparative in size to a single division within a larger district along the southwest border or crime-ridden metropolitan centers, so it's not like you could reassign any meaningful amount of resources to other districts.

Each district is going to differ in prosecution priorities, reflective of the issues in that region. That's why our federal court system is generally broken down into districts. Go to places like this, and you'll deal with sheep-shaggers. Go to the district of NJ, and you'll deal a lot with public corruption cases. Go to the southern border and you'll see much more customs and immigration offenses being prosecuted.

So, no, your statement doesn't really make any sense.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Hey Bungalow Bill! What did you kill? Bungalow Bill.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List