Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrangler ATG Shirt--- CCW Fashion Statement

Site Supporter
    Solid advice all. I suspect that as spring is upon us, short sleeve versions of the Wranger ATG or similar shirts will be widely available. Retail under 30USD.

Proof of concept re cut, snap v button closure, fabric blends, “hand”, sleeve length and color can almost always be sourced at vintage/thrift stores in the sub 10 USD range.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Untucked Wrangler Wrancher pearl snap shirts from Tractor Supply work quite nicely. Matching them up with a pair of Cowboy Cut jeans and shit kickers works well as rural camo in my part of Texas.
    $12 bucks on clearance for the print version.. Under $20 for plaids... (not a fan of plaid (YMMV), but, a good price)
    https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...t-sleeve-shirt

FYI... Walmart also carries some of these..

Also FYI... Our local ACE has a trendy sort of fashion store inside... they do seasonal closeouts on the higher end Wrangler clothing... some pretty good deals on the Wrangler 20x shirts... much better quality than the TS or Wally stuff, but pricier ($60) when not on sale.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

So how does it come out of the drier? Need ironing? I got started on fishing shirts a few years ago. Sold everywhere in a wide variety of quality and prices. Everyone expects them to be worn loose so easy to cover the pistol on my hip. But dang so many need ironing, I even sprang for $65 Columbia brand on sale figuring for sure this would be wrinkle free. Nope no better than a lot of $25-30 ones I already have.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    So how does it come out of the drier? Need ironing?
    I have a couple of the Wrangler 20x that I wear straight out of the dryer... for work or casual, not a problem... If I was going someplace fancy in them, I'd give them a quick iron..

Can't speak to the OP's version.. yet..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    So how does it come out of the drier? Need ironing? I got started on fishing shirts a few years ago. Sold everywhere in a wide variety of quality and prices. Everyone expects them to be worn loose so easy to cover the pistol on my hip. But dang so many need ironing, I even sprang for $65 Columbia brand on sale figuring for sure this would be wrinkle free. Nope no better than a lot of $25-30 ones I already have.
    I like Ariat for no ironing right out of the drier.

Same thing with their jeans, they have supplante Carharts as my dress jeans.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Thanks guys, I am putting the no iron rec's in my phone notes.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    And when it gets hot, you can just cut the sleeves off.

Okie John
    Name:  Cut Sleeves.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  36.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    And when it gets hot, you can just cut the sleeves off.

Okie John
    Oh man, I didn't know about the waiting until it gets hot thing. Is there some kind of rule or policy? Your supposed to wait until it gets hot before hacking off the sleeves?

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Oh man, I didn't know about the waiting until it gets hot thing. Is there some kind of rule or policy? Your supposed to wait until it gets hot before hacking off the sleeves?
    You can cut them off in the store. They'll throw them away for you.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Solid advice all. I suspect that as spring is upon us, short sleeve versions of the Wranger ATG or similar shirts will be widely available. Retail under 30USD.
    Here’s hoping, like the style and a short sleeve would be great for the upcoming “flip flops and shorts” season.

Could without the logo but that’s easy enough to remove.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List