Thread: Ebay SCD

Ebay SCD

All together now, DON'T CHEAP OUT, Tim!

I didn't expect much out of this thing at $27.

The "gate" would bind a good deal and wouldn't move freely when installed. A fair amount of stoning was needed to correct the situation. The sides of the "gate" as well as the tab that protrudes into the striker channel needed attention.

I want to get acquainted with the mechanics of the SCD. Since the real thing is very, very difficult to acquire currently, this is the best way to get some time with the SCD IMHO.

How long it will stand up to my rigorous training demands, I don't know.

No, it's not on my carry gun. (A P10C is filling that role currently.)
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

I've had 2 of the Ebay Devices on a couple of G19s for a while now.

They performed well, but last month the pivot pin broke on the Glock that's had the most use. Probably lasted for 3500 to 4K rounds. The pistol still functioned, but I put the original back plate back on when I discovered it.

I'll replace them with the real thing when they become available.

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    All together now, DON'T CHEAP OUT, Tim!
    C'mon, man.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I’ve recently switched back to Glocks (gen 3s) and I’m in need of some LTT SCDs. They are obviously out of stock everywhere. Do these cheap eBay knockoffs work well enough in a pinch until the real things get in? I guess I’m really asking if the risk of them somehow damaging my guns is low enough that I can throw them on there with little fear until the real thing gets back in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I’ve recently switched back to Glocks (gen 3s) and I’m in need of some LTT SCDs. They are obviously out of stock everywhere. Do these cheap eBay knockoffs work well enough in a pinch until the real things get in? I guess I’m really asking if the risk of them somehow damaging my guns is low enough that I can throw them on there with little fear until the real thing gets back in stock.
    I opted for the aluminum version. It works after some fitting. I haven't run through many rounds yet so I have no idea how long it will last. <100 rounds and no problems thus far. I don't see how it could damage your Glock though.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

The two that I bought required no fitting. They worked exactly as they should, until the part breakage mentioned above.

User Tag List