Thread: G19 MOS + Holosun SCS 320 = bad thoughts?

G19 MOS + Holosun SCS 320 = bad thoughts?

I’m thinking I’d like to try a RDS on my G19 again but in a world of Cheeto dust, donut powder and falling tears I’d prefer an enclosed optic. The SCS 320 looks interesting, we tried test sitting one on my #4 MOS plate and it looks like it’s a good fit that might let me keep my present iron sights.

Before I drop $400 on a new optic am I missing something?

Site Supporter
    Nope, the SCS 320 is actually one of the best DPP footprint optics on the market!

I have an SCS MOS for the direct mount, extremely low profile, but if I wanted a larger window and enclosed emitter i would absolutely use the SCS 320. If I had a gun cut for a DPP, an SCS 320 would be my first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I’m thinking I’d like to try a RDS on my G19 again but in a world of Cheeto dust, donut powder and falling tears I’d prefer an enclosed optic. The SCS 320 looks interesting, we tried test sitting one on my #4 MOS plate and it looks like it’s a good fit that might let me keep my present iron sights.

Before I drop $400 on a new optic am I missing something?
    Interesting idea, would the use of a plate raise it too high to use standard height sights?

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Interesting idea, would the use of a plate raise it too high to use standard height sights?
    I’m not sure. I should have taken the dummy plate off of the slide and mounted the #4 plate to see how the sights work out. The window of 320 SCS “seemed” to be lower than my previous RDS, now I’m even more curious.

FYI, The SCS carry is available at Freedom gorilla, I just got an in stock notification today. Uses the K footprint to give you an easier time with stock height sights. The eps carry definitely allowed using regular sights through the optic on a DPP titanium plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    FYI, The SCS carry is available at Freedom gorilla, I just got an in stock notification today. Uses the K footprint to give you an easier time with stock height sights. The eps carry definitely allowed using regular sights through the optic on a DPP titanium plate.
    Is the DPP the one from Amazon? That would be a great option if it does allow standard sights with the EPS carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Is the DPP the one from Amazon? That would be a great option if it does allow standard sights with the EPS carry.
    That’s correct. The fit to the slide as well as the fit of the optic to the plate is very precise on the two examples I have. This is a 10-8 rear & Warren tactical .215 front with EPS carry on a g19. Name:  IMG_2639.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  53.7 KB

User Tag List