Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mounting Holosun EPS Carry on a SIG P365 series - lets consolidate tech data

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    That is for the current, separate sight and plate setup?
    My understanding is that is the right screw for both installations.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Just got back from installing my EPS Carry on a P635 slide (new style plate that doesn't contain the backup sights). After dry fitting, it was clear that the 10mm screw would be just fine so that's what I used. I do think that the 8mm would have worked as well, as some folks here have suggested in the past. Let the curing period begin! Many thanks to the folks on this thread who pointed me in the right direction.

As an aside, I also had an old style P635XL slide (plate contains the backup sights) and a 507k that just came back from the Holosun repair shop (+ button stopped working). That optic/slide combo also needed the 10mm length M3 x 0.5mm screw.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone used the EPS Carry riser plate that comes with the optic for their P365 install? It seems like the consensus is most people do NOT use it, but I was wondering if anyone had experience the other way.

Has anyone used the EPS Carry riser plate that comes with the optic for their P365 install? It seems like the consensus is most people do NOT use it, but I was wondering if anyone had experience the other way.
    I use them on 9+ eps carry and 365 combos

Started using them as I had a eps carry come loose..no issues after plates (including 30k+ rounds on a gun)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post

Started using them as I had a eps carry come loose..no issues after plates (including 30k+ rounds on a gun)
    Using stock irons or higher irons? How’s the iron sight picture through the riser-mounted EPSc?

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post

Usually a plate is another possible failure point, what is your theory as to why the plates are working better for you?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Using stock irons or higher irons? How’s the iron sight picture through the riser-mounted EPSc?
    Stock irons lower 1/5 cowitness. Perfect.

I do prefer old style slides which is same with holosun rear nubs

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Usually a plate is another possible failure point, what is your theory as to why the plates are working better for you?
    None at all except 2 non plate eps carry came loose in under 1k rounds

I’ve mounted a lot of EPS Carry optics on 365 Macros and others have mounted a lot more based on my instructions.

I first used 10mm screws (since that’s what we used for the 507K footprint) but the EPS Carry has a shorter deck height. It was pointed out to me here (apparently the search function isn’t super easy to find info) that 8mm screws were more appropriate so I pulled the McMaster screws from my Macro and indeed the first couple threads were getting smooshed. I ordered 8mm screws and checked them. Good thread engagement and no smooshing.

So here are my thoughts-

10mm screws work. I think 8mm is better from a perspective of minimizing the torsional forces cranking the 10mm past where it’s really supposed to go.

I wouldn’t/ won’t use the plate. There’s no need when the optic is mounted correctly. If it comes loose there’s a bigger issue than what would be fixed with a plate or the mounting was done wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I’ve mounted a lot of EPS Carry optics on 365 Macros and others have mounted a lot more based on my instructions.

I first used 10mm screws (since that’s what we used for the 507K footprint) but the EPS Carry has a shorter deck height. It was pointed out to me here (apparently the search function isn’t super easy to find info) that 8mm screws were more appropriate so I pulled the McMaster screws from my Macro and indeed the first couple threads were getting smooshed. I ordered 8mm screws and checked them. Good thread engagement and no smooshing.

So here are my thoughts-

10mm screws work. I think 8mm is better from a perspective of minimizing the torsional forces cranking the 10mm past where it’s really supposed to go.

I wouldn’t/ won’t use the plate. There’s no need when the optic is mounted correctly. If it comes loose there’s a bigger issue than what would be fixed with a plate or the mounting was done wrong.
    Do you know the McMaster part number for the 8mm version?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List