Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: What You Want in a Folding Knife

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    That looks like an accident waiting to happen. Did people actually carry a knife like that?
    In use, the blade is covered. The pic shows the knife part way out of the sheath, and part way through the opening process.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    In use, the blade is covered. The pic shows the knife part way out of the sheath, and part way through the opening process.
    So how do you place it into the sheath to make it work?

Site Supporter
    That makes much more sense. Thank you.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    So how do you place it into the sheath to make it work?
    Mimic that last pic and carefully insert.

Yeah... rigid object attached to my body with a blade sticking out... no thank you.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yeah... rigid object attached to my body with a blade sticking out... no thank you.
    But...they're probably wearing leather pants so ....

Probably easier just to put thumb studs on the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Why doo you hAtE America, bro?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    But...they're probably wearing leather pants so ....

Probably easier just to put thumb studs on the blade.
    Doesn’t open as fast - these were used by guys who wanted that blade out *now*.

Would probably have just carried a sheath knife, like most of the Harley riders I see doing these days. At least, the guys with the matching jackets are doing that.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Attachment 116055

A blade.
    A screwdriver that fits holster screws.
    A caplifter.

I've carried the same SAK for 10+ years. If I could have a knife like a trapper, with a lockback main blade then a second blade on the same side that was a flathead/cap lifter combo, that would be ideal.

I love traditional folders but have too much utility from the screwdriver and cap lifter.
    I am similarly inclined. My EDC carry has been with me since I got it many years ago from a factory (or distributor) rep who was taking down his booth at an NSGA show. It is an actual Swiss Army issue Victorinox Alox "Soldier" with an "86" date stamped on the blade, no bail (just a hollow rivet to put a line through) and regulation Swiss military shield. I thought it was a common as dirt SAK, only later on realizing that it was not a typical commercial model.

It is finally starting to show its age, but it still does what it always has; mundane tasks or unusual tasks matter not to it. It has been temporarily "lost" twice in the roughly 35 years I have carried it, and I was verklempt/forlorn both times. It now has a thin "paracord" lanyard and fob to reduce the likelihood that it will go missing again. I have occasionally wished that the blade did have a lock, but not enough to do anything about it.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    https://www.bladehq.com/item--Kizer-...ayback--118808

Daughter bought me the purple one above when I had to dump my Spyderco Cat at LGA when I was moving her back from NYC.

Far exceeds the intersection of quality/value.
    I’ve got a red one en route as a gift for herself. I’m keeping @Clusterfrack ‘s improvements in mind if she likes it.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List