What I want in an EDC folding knife:

3 to 3.5 inch plain edge blade
    3 oz or less weight
    Easy to open and close with one hand
    Good blade steel
    Deep carry pocket clip

Benchmade Bugout is my current favorite

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    The Benchmade 750 was perfect. Basically a small Sebenza. Cost about $120 back in the day.

Attachment 116071

Sadly out of production for quite some time now and too valuable to carry. I'd buy several if they were to bring it back.

My EDC is a Benchmade 940 these days.

Okie John
    Which blade shape?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Which blade shape?
    The 750 was a clip point like the one in the picture.

The 940 is like this:

Name:  IMG_2227.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  20.0 KB

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Attachment 116055

I'd also love a WW2 US Paratrooper auto haha.
    I just went down that rabbit hole, and find myself wanting one to sit on a bookshelf. I'm disappointed that the reproductions don't fully spring assist open.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    ETA: I do have the stupid wantsies for one of those folding Gerber Applegate/Fairbain Covert knives, and will probably get one down the road Just Because.
    Great. Between the WWII switchblade, and the Fairbain Sykes, now I have to re-read W.E.B. Griffin's WWII Marine Corps novel series. The main character carries a mini fairbain, and in the first book uses a switchblade carried by an Italian in pre-war China.

And I once had a Fairbain knockoff copy. My landlord stole it from my house while I was deployed and nobody lived there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I just went down that rabbit hole, and find myself wanting one to sit on a bookshelf. I'm disappointed that the reproductions don't fully spring assist open.

Great. Between the WWII switchblade, and the Fairbain Sykes, now I have to re-read W.E.B. Griffin's WWII Marine Corps novel series. The main character carries a mini fairbain, and in the first book uses a switchblade carried by an Italian in pre-war China.

And I once had a Fairbain knockoff copy. My landlord stole it from my house while I was deployed and nobody lived there.
    The only reproduction I messed with was an absolute piece of trash.

The only reproduction I messed with was an absolute piece of trash.
    Ontario still makes the Mk III trench knife if your're into WWII knives.

Nice! I prefer four layer Cellidor models, which give me scissors plus another tool.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned the old Buck 110/112.

I know they're outdated in regards to rapid deployment designs of today but I always liked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned the old Buck 110/112.

I know they're outdated in regards to rapid deployment designs of today but I always liked them.
    I have several of the newer plastic handled versions. Very sharp out of the box, and quick to open.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I have several of the newer plastic handled versions. Very sharp out of the box, and quick to open.
    I had one and it was a great knife. Somehow it got knocked out of the boat one day while we were fishing.

User Tag List