Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What You Want in a Folding Knife

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I had one and it was a great knife. Somehow it got knocked out of the boat one day while we were fishing.
    I started buying the Bucks after losing a Spyderco Endura. I’m back to carrying a Spyderco day to day but I carry one of the orange Bucks in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned the old Buck 110/112.

I know they're outdated in regards to rapid deployment designs of today but I always liked them.
    I've got one that I use as a tool for carving guitar necks. It's a bit too big & chonky for easy daily carry.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I've got one that I use as a tool for carving guitar necks. It's a bit too big & chonky for easy daily carry.
    I remember when guys carried them on their belts. From my perspective, pocket clips are a "new thing".

I remember when guys carried them on their belts. From my perspective, pocket clips are a "new thing".
    I did through the eighties until I got my first Spyderco in the early nineties

Site Supporter

I know they're outdated in regards to rapid deployment designs of today but I always liked them.
    I used to have one of Buck's Custom Shop 110s with BG42 steel, brass bolsters, and red pickbone scales. Beautiful knife, but too nice and too heavy to carry and use. I sold it after owning it for a couple years.

I ordered it in the early 2000s. IIRC, it was about $200, a steal these days.

Chris

Exclamation

Name:  IMG_20240131_203443250.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  42.1 KB

Aftermarket thumb stud.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Name:  IMG_20240131_203443250.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  42.1 KB

Aftermarket thumb stud.
    Bucklite!

About once a month I put one of the auto varieties in my shopping cart and go down a rabbit hole of shopping vintage brown a leather belt sheath (current production are all wrong color).

Still have yet to pull the trigger.

In no small part due to not being able to find the right sheath.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    About once a month I put one of the auto varieties in my shopping cart and go down a rabbit hole of shopping vintage brown a leather belt sheath (current production are all wrong color).

Still have yet to pull the trigger.

In no small part due to not being able to find the right sheath.
    Go biker, or go home:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Go biker, or go home:

That looks like an accident waiting to happen. Did people actually carry a knife like that?
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List