Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 42 pocket holster?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I use this one for pocket carry but prefer a regular holster.

https://www.bigtexordnance.com/produ...ocket-holster/
    The disappointment I had when I learned those were discontinued . . . I would have probably bought 2-3 more each for my G42 and J-frames.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I pocket carry 5 days/week for 6-7 months/year, and have pocket carried both a G26 and P365 regularly. The best pocket holster I have found is this one:

https://aholster.com/pocket-aholster/

I suggest wrapping a couple of layers of Moleskin around the pocket hook by the rear sight, extending a short diatance past the end of the hook, to protect your pockets.
    This! The Aholster is sweet! I have one for my LCP.
    **OK**

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I have a 42. Don’t expect 9 mm type reliability.

The factory mag with a pinky extension, and some skateboard tape on the front strap will aid drawing

Depending on pocket, size and hand size the “ claw” draw as illustrated above may be required

Nothing draws as securely or consistently as a J type frame from front pocket. With certain types of pockets and good conditions, you may be as fast with a 42 but with less than ideal circumstances, (think on the ground, or against the wall or entangled) and with many types of pockets it’s not an easy draw.

Good luck!
    The 42 can be finicky because its recoil spring is too heavy. I put a reduced strength, tungsten GRA in it when I had my Holosun 507 installed. It feeds perfectly FMJ and the 90 gn XTP I carry. And I’ve tested it with the worst grips I could muster. Holding it out to my side, right hand and left hand only, barely holding on to it. Never a malfunction. A Glock 19 with any of those lose grips, it wouldn’t feed like my 42 does.

But yeah, stock… malfunctions are fairly easy to induce with poor grip.
    Last edited by rawkguitarist; 03-20-2024 at 10:28 AM.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    The 42 can be finicky because its recoil spring is too heavy. I put a reduced strength, tungsten GRA in it when I had my Holosun 507 installed. It feeds perfectly FMJ and the 90 gn XTP I carry. And I’ve tested it with the worst grips I could muster. Holding it out to my side, right hand and left hand only, barely holding on to it. Never a malfunction. A Glock 19 with any of those lose grips, it wouldn’t feed like my 42 does.

What weight?

And do you know the stock weight?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    What weight?

And do you know the stock weight?

Thanks
    Sorry not sure the weight of it or the stock weight. But this is what I put in it. I’ll add, my best friend has a 42. And he’s not a serious shooter. His kept choking on him since his grip wasn’t strong enough. I suggest he get one if these and he has no malfunctions anymore. It really helps.

https://www.glockstore.com/Tungsten-...=1&custcol7=44
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

The 42’s must be getting better. I haven’t been able to induce a malfunction no matter how hard I try. Zero so far. Capital 100gr round nose, new brass.

This .. reasonable price , can configure any way you want
    https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/p...y-n8-tactical/

I have this .. works great , very reasonable price ..:
    https://rockyourglock.com/gen-4-5-ry...e-rod-assembly

User Tag List