Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: anyone else find the 43X inferior to the G26?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    We don’t authorize either. The Bureau authorizes both but only with very specific conditions - must buy via the bureau- specific ammo, no lights, mag extensions etc

G19/26 all the way.
    Thanks, HCM. I will certainly mention your agency's decision on this as well. That seems a wiser decision than authorizing an off-duty/back-up pistol that requires such specific requirements, especially when there are various quality alternatives that could handle that role.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Weight in front of gun. Changes operating window
    I believe it is frame flex, or lack there of that accelerates the slide at least that was the problem with 40s

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Simong View Post
    Can you please elaborate about "no lights" I can understand specific ammo and maybe mag extensions, but how a light can affect reliability and gun function?
    My former department issued the late, unlamented FNS-9. The firearms training coordinator mandated pistol-mounted lights. That mandate lasted until it was realized the pistols were unreliable with lights. The pistols had much fewer issues without the lights. To their credit FN America was responsive and replaced barrels and magazines. That pretty much eliminated the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I believe it is frame flex, or lack there of that accelerates the slide at least that was the problem with 40s
    Ah got it

I haven't tried a gen 5 G26, but I absolutely hate the gen 3 and gen 4 26s. Even with an extension, the gap pinches my pinky just holding it.

My 43 is the most accurate Glock I have from the factory and it shoots well. I recently picked up a 43x frame for it and will test that out soon. I normally just use TTI+2s on the 43, so might as well get a 43x frame. Shoots smoother than a 365 too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Simong View Post
    Can you please elaborate about "no lights" I can understand specific ammo and maybe mag extensions, but how a light can affect reliability and gun function?
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Weight in front of gun. Changes operating window
    Yes, Weight overall is part of it.

Also weight pulling down on the dust cover of the plastic frame or clamping pressure from some attachment methods on the frame can effect lock up / cycling. That part of the frame houses the RSA and the locking block so anything which effects frame flex can effect the cycle of operation.

These were known issues with the Gen3 .40 cals. Glock beefed up this area in Gen 4/5.

Can be an issue with other makes / models.

This is why the last full sized pistol testing we did half the live fire test samples were tested with WML and half without.

The slim Glocks (43/43X/48) all use the G43 RSA - and are therefore more sensitive to changes like ammo, mags, optics, WML etc vs service sized Glocks.

My experience with the G48 was a lot more positive in many ways compared to the G43x. So far in our program to get more female shooters to actively train and carry in our locality, most prefer the slimline Glocks in terms of how they carry vs the standard glock models. We have seen good round counts and reliability from our small sample of G48s. G26 is still the best all rounder in my opinion. For some one with a small frame, i find it conceals easier than the G19 This is not the experience with everyone.
    . In short, overall the G43x is inferior in terms of reliability and shootability. It does carry better though. P365 is not an option for most by us due to the costing being close to double that of the G26/G43x.

anyone else find the 43X inferior to the G26?

I’m on the way home from a 5 day vacation in Texas. We did lots of hiking and walking, and the G26/EPSc was so easy to carry and conceal in warmer weather. JMCK George.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    My experience with the G48 was a lot more positive in many ways compared to the G43x. So far in our program to get more female shooters to actively train and carry in our locality, most prefer the slimline Glocks in terms of how they carry vs the standard glock models. We have seen good round counts and reliability from our small sample of G48s. G26 is still the best all rounder in my opinion. For some one with a small frame, i find it conceals easier than the G19 This is not the experience with everyone.
    . In short, overall the G43x is inferior in terms of reliability and shootability. It does carry better though. P365 is not an option for most by us due to the costing being close to double that of the G26/G43x.
    Czech Republic ? (if you dont mind me asking)

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    My former department issued the late, unlamented FNS-9. The firearms training coordinator mandated pistol-mounted lights. That mandate lasted until it was realized the pistols were unreliable with lights. The pistols had much fewer issues without the lights. To their credit FN America was responsive and replaced barrels and magazines. That pretty much eliminated the problem.
    Mine was unreliable with Speer Lawman 124 grain FMJ, but I digress. (apologies for the thread drift)

My agency issues G43X's in limited numbers and they frequently exhibit malfunctions when loaded 10+1 (FTEX). I prefer my 26.5 by a country mile.

User Tag List