Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: anyone else find the 43X inferior to the G26?

Hammertime
    The G26 is superior to the G43X, but a chopped down G19 is superior to both when we are considering ten round pistols, for one particular reason. I have no use really for either the slim lines, or G26s, but the chopped G19 gets carried a lot.

Name:  IMG_3900.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  101.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    The G26 is superior to the G43X, but a chopped down G19 is superior to both when we are considering ten round pistols, for one particular reason. I have no use really for either the slim lines, or G26s, but the chopped G19 gets carried a lot.

Name:  IMG_3900.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  101.6 KB
    I could potentially see me doing that.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I could potentially see me doing that.
    It’s great for those dark Arizona nights hiking or biking when you want to carry a little less weight.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    It’s great for those dark Arizona nights hiking or biking when you want to carry a little less weight.
    I’ve been carrying my G26 when doing that. But I could see a little longer barrel and the potential to use a pistol light.

Superior to shoot, but 43X superior to carry. I've been carrying an M&P 1.0 SC (about the same size as a G26) as of late and man, it conceals well but it's a chonky boy.

The 43X carries so much better but it's a game of give & take, you gotta pick what works well for the situation. For me? 48 at work @ 1-2 o'clock, G26-sized @ 4-5 o'clock for public carry if i need to be discreet.

I have no problem concealing a 19, so I have no reason to get a 26 or 43X (I hate the 43). A 365 with anything more than a 10rd mag is getting close to G19 butt length. In descending size, here's my list:

Glock 19
    I don't have a 10rd 9mm, but if I felt the need it would be a P365
    Glock 42
    LCP
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    HCM, does that other federal agency authorize the 43X or just the 43?

The boss is a smart guy, but not really a gun guy. He's looking for a plainclothes duty pistol and has narrowed it doen to the Glock 19 and the 43X. I'm pushing the 19, but could always use more ammunition like failed law enforcement testing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    HCM, does that other federal agency authorize the 43X or just the 43?

The boss is a smart guy, but not really a gun guy. He's looking for a plainclothes duty pistol and has narrowed it doen to the Glock 19 and the 43X. I'm pushing the 19, but could always use more ammunition like failed law enforcement testing.
    We don’t authorize either. The Bureau authorizes both but only with very specific conditions - must buy via the bureau- specific ammo, no lights, mag extensions etc

G19/26 all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    We don’t authorize either. The Bureau authorizes both but only with very specific conditions - must buy via the bureau- specific ammo, no lights, mag extensions etc

G19/26 all the way.
    Can you please elaborate about "no lights" I can understand specific ammo and maybe mag extensions, but how a light can affect reliability and gun function?

Quote Originally Posted by Simong View Post
    Can you please elaborate about "no lights" I can understand specific ammo and maybe mag extensions, but how a light can affect reliability and gun function?
    Weight in front of gun. Changes operating window

User Tag List