Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone else find the 43X inferior to the G26?

anyone else find the 43X inferior to the G26?

I find the 43X to be much snapper, more prone to failures, cheaper feeling, and just all around interior to the G26. I know it's slimmer than the G26, but that doesn't make up for the other issues I found w/ the 43X. I feel like I'm alone in this view. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by hk45 View Post
    I find the 43X to be much snapper, more prone to failures, cheaper feeling, and just all around interior to the G26. I know it's slimmer than the G26, but that doesn't make up for the other issues I found w/ the 43X. I feel like I'm alone in this view. Anyone else?

It's been mentioned by several members here over the years in various threads.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Not sure about the 43X, but I found the 43 to be a poor substitute for either the G19 or G26. Back when I was shooting IDPA, I could go 300 rounds with a double-stack Glock in a day without issues. After 50 rounds with a G43, I could barely pick up a pen and write my own name. I didn't have any failures, possibly because I sold it after about 1k rounds.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

The grip length has always been my issue with the 26. If one opts for pinky extension you might as well carry a 19 in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. The 26 is the best CCW Glock. JMO, of course.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    In the interest of accuracy, it's not just your opinion.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Yes. If i go to a smaller Glock than the G26, i want it to be actually small, so its a G42.

Site Supporter
    Ditto. I shoot a G26 well and it's EDC. I also shoot a G42 well and it's a pocket gun as it fits well in Duluth grandpa pants. Shot in TX short range matches and our carry gun short range ones here. When I rented a G43X, it was too squirmy for 50 rounds for me. Given the other guns, didn't see the need for it.

I have carried the G42 on my belt with a couple of extra mags on the other side when the geezer back went flaming red and I wanted to reduce weight. In a JM Rough Dog , very easy carry. Have Rough Dogs for most of my carry guns.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hk45 View Post
    Yes. Same with the G48.

Significantly less reliable and harder to shoot than the G26.

I think the 43 is a fantastic pistol when I need to go very small.

But, for the next level up and for more capacity I have tried hard with a G48, and THREE 43Xs the last one being an MOS within the past year. And being the slow learner, I kept repeating the experience of finding I could shoot them to my satisfaction if I stayed on them constantly but if I was mixing up my shooting with standard Glocks I saw too large a drop off in performance. Much more so than the smaller 43 which I can't really explain. I'm pretty sure it was an effect of my application of grip on the in between slimline dimensions. The drop off was not anything up close but definitely manifested on longer tighter shots which I expect to be able to make.

Recently I got a 26 MOS and put an EPS on it and holey moley what a shooter. It compliments my G47 (with a dot)/45/19 shooting better and of course with the EPS I don't have the drop off in sight radius effect that I definitely saw in recent years with an iron sighted 26.

So at this point in time, the G26 is my strong preference.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List