Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone else find the 43X inferior to the G26?

Quote Originally Posted by diananike View Post
    Gold dot 124gr +P is my preferred load in the 17 and the 19 but out of deference to what I’ve read on this forum I won’t run it out of either of my G48s or my 43.

I bought some 115gr Critical Defense and some standard pressure 115gr Gold dot for the slim lines.
    I run standard pressure 115 Gold Dot in my 43/43X/48 and 3.1 barrel 365 pistols, and 124+P in comp’d and 3.7 inch 365 pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by hk45 View Post
    I find the 43X to be much snapper, more prone to failures, cheaper feeling, and just all around interior to the G26. I know it's slimmer than the G26, but that doesn't make up for the other issues I found w/ the 43X. I feel like I'm alone in this view. Anyone else?
    The 26 is fine but it’s too fat compared to the 43 or 48 which I prefer. I love my 48 mos

Nope

“The gun you have…”
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I've always thought the 26/27 were more than capable pistols. I carried a 27 for many years off duty and as a BUG to compliment my issued 22. I currently have a 43, 43X and 43X MOS and find its work to shoot them accurately even with the dot. This past week I took my old 27 to the range and it was much easier to shoot accurately, I will be buying a Gen 5 26 in the next couple of days in preparation for the summer.

I find the G26 to shoot much better than the 43X, while having a shorter grip that works better for me IWB (I don't do AIWB). For me the 26 shoots more like a G19 than a subcompact pistol, and for whatever reason, I'm sometimes able to shoot the G26 better than the G19. That hump in the G26's grip locks into my palm in such a way that it offers exceptional control. In terms of concealment, I've found that grip length is a larger factor in how easy it is for me to conceal at 3:30-o'-clock than having a slightly thinner but longer grip. As the 43X has the same grip length as the G19, I'd rather just carry the G19 as it's still perfectly concealable under a shirt.

I also believe the G26 is going to be a more forgiving gun, reliability-wise.

I have found the 26 to be the best all around carry gun for me, and the same one has been in my waistband most days for the last 13 years. I have had no experience with a 43x or 48, but I have carried a 43 at work for the last year or so. The slim profile and lighter weight are a benefit when working in tight quarters, leaning over fenders, and crawling under dashboards 45 hours a week. After several years of carrying my trusty 26 at this job, I just found it to be a little too chunky. My shooting performance isn't as good with the 43 vs 26, but it's a compromise I'm willing to make for work. The 26 or 19 is with me when I'm off the clock.

Site Supporter
    I didn't like the 27 that much, so I sold mine. I saw no reason to have a lower capacity, It was a touch snappy but not that bad.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    You guys had me really worried. I just picked up the 43x yesterday. I find it pretty comparable to my 26. The one big positive for me of the 43x vs. the 26 is deep carry. For me, the 43x is WAY better for deep carry.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    You guys had me really worried. I just picked up the 43x yesterday. I find it pretty comparable to my 26. The one big positive for me of the 43x vs. the 26 is deep carry. For me, the 43x is WAY better for deep carry.
    The thinness is very noticeable for me and I love it under the belt. Hence me cycling through three of them in the last few years. LOL
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List