Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lipsey's S&W 432 Ultimate Carry J Frame long term shooting evaluation.

I stopped in at my favorite LGS, to pay on the two guns I have in layaway (S&W Mdl 30 Flat Latch and a 53 Winchester 94 30-30) and of course I had to cruise the counter. They didn't have the 632, but they did have the Lipsey 642. I had to get it out and hold it.

MAN!!! What a great feeling revolver in the hand! Those grips are grippy, but not sticky. They are like the ones on your pistol, but greenish in color. Very nice trigger! And those sights!!! They are fantastic for a subbie!!! Really like the night sight on one!!! I was super impressed with it. If it had been a 632, I'd have had 3 guns in layaway and broken my one gun in layaway rule again!!!

Re: Post 21's comments.
    Lipsey's actually has three different Lipsey's-special S&W 642 models:
    https://www.lipseys.com/itemfinder?sort=default&q=642

But only one of the three Lipsey's 642 models has night sights, as mentioned, which would then be the 642UC.
    https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=SM13995

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Re: Post 21's comments.
    But only one of the three Lipsey's 642 models has night sights, as mentioned, which would then be the 642UC.
    https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=SM13995
    That's the one!

I think the 32 will sell really well. I'm almost resigned to not get one until the second batch. If I can't get one I'll probably get a Ruger or Taurus 327. I have some @Lost River wadcutters ordered.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I think the 32 will sell really well. I'm almost resigned to not get one until the second batch. If I can't get one I'll probably get a Ruger or Taurus 327. I have some @Lost River wadcutters ordered.
    Same, only I have 200 rounds of S&B .32 Long wadcutters. They don't take up much space on the shelf.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

250 rounds total now. Lipsey's 432 Ultimate Carry J Frame Lost River Ammo

Yesterday's weather was far nicer than the wind storm I tried to shoot in last Sunday.

I took my 432 UC and my G21.5 out to the range.

After adjusting the sights at home (purely guessing) I was back on the range to give it a try.

The first six rounds at 10 yards:

Once again, the ammo was my own making, these, which have been immensely popular:

The first 6 rounds after the initial sight adjustment:

Obviously my guess was not quite on the money..

I ended up splitting the difference and getting it closer to the center...

The HKS Speedloaders came in too, so I used those while I was on the range. It is interesting to note, that even though they hold 6 rounds of .32 compared to 5 of .38, they are still a tad bit smaller. Aside from visually noticing the difference, I could tell just by handling them and slipping them into my pocket.

Went to 7 yards and put a bunch into the target, shooting two handed.

Backed up to 10 yards and shot strong hand only, then weak hand only:

I had a few rounds left that I shot at some distant shotgun shells that were littered on the ground, and watched them fly off. At least the one that I hit..

So now I have 250 rounds through the gun. The sights are miles above the old school design of the traditional J Frame. There is no question about it. The .32 is quite comfortable to shoot. The recoil makes putting one hundred rounds through the gun an enjoyable experience.

So taht is it until next time. Going to load up the speed loaders and carry at least one of those in my pocket when I carry the 432 as my BUG pocket gun.

What are your thoughts about using wadcutters in the speedloaders? I’d thought about getting some JHP loads for use in speed loaders and strips but if the wadcutters load smoothly enough I’d rather not bother with two different loads.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    The first 6 rounds after the initial sight adjustment:

Obviously my guess was not quite on the money..

I ended up splitting the difference and getting it closer to the center...

Name:  IMG_0165.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  23.7 KB

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    What are your thoughts about using wadcutters in the speedloaders? I’d thought about getting some JHP loads for use in speed loaders and strips but if the wadcutters load smoothly enough I’d rather not bother with two different loads.
    I am glad you brought that up, as I forgot to mention it.

The revolver has the cylinder charge holes chamfered a bit. I noted that the rounds slid in with relative ease. Not quite as easy as a round nose would but really no big deal. Definitely a good feature. It was one of those things that could have been overlooked, but obviously our friend @JEC knows what he is doing when it comes to designing a revolver for carry!

There is enough jiggle or play in the speedloaders that loading the gun is pretty easy. I don't have any slow strips so I cannot comment on them. I guess I could see if they fit in my .38 strips.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I am glad you brought that up, as I forgot to mention it.

The revolver has the cylinder charge holes chamfered a bit. I noted that the rounds slid in with relative ease. Not quite as easy as a round nose would but really no big deal. Definitely a good feature. It was one of those things that could have been overlooked, but obviously our friend @JEC knows what he is doing when it comes to designing a revolver for carry!

There is enough jiggle or play in the speedloaders that loading the gun is pretty easy. I don't have any slow strips so I cannot comment on them. I guess I could see if they fit in my .38 strips.
    Speed Strips work pretty well with wadcutters in the UC guns for me. I think it helps that the Lost River wadcutter loads have a little of the bullet exposed and crimp into a crimp groove as opposed to some wadcutter loads I have tried that seat the bullet flush with the case.

User Tag List