Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lipsey's S&W 432 Ultimate Carry J Frame long term shooting evaluation.

Call me crazy or naive but I can't envision a situation where I'm attempting to speed load a J to the extent that wads vs rounded is the difference between life or death. That's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Call me crazy or naive but I can't envision a situation where I'm attempting to speed load a J to the extent that wads vs rounded is the difference between life or death. That's just me.
    Maybe if the decedent(s) have friends around who are posturing but not feeling froggy enough to jump yet?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Not so much that for me, but the frank ability to do so. I've had my hands shake so much from adrenaline before that I've been unable to dial a phone number before.

If you're already that far outside of statistical norms, it would be pretty nice to also not have an empty gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Not so much that for me, but the frank ability to do so. I've had my hands shake so much from adrenaline before that I've been unable to dial a phone number before.

If you're already that far outside of statistical norms, it would be pretty nice to also not have an empty gun.
    Good reason for a NY reload

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Question -- would rather try to reload Brenneke slugs in your shotgun against a bear, or reload your J frame against two attackers. Neither seem appealing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Question -- would rather try to reload Brenneke slugs in your shotgun against a bear, or reload your J frame against two attackers. Neither seem appealing.
    Pucker factor through the roof...
    #1 45 Colt Hard Cast SW / Back Up
    #2 another snub / Back UP
    Better than nothing (Botched reload)

Fresh change of Fruit Of The Loom's

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post

Funny you mention the hands shaking from adrenaline thing. I have had a few people mention/bring up in AARs about my focus during shooting/events whatever. I have had to tell a couple of them that what they are not seeing is that while during the event I can keep switched on, the funny thing is that an hour (or whatever) after it is over and things are settled down, that is when I get the hand shake thing going on, or even had sweating in one case. To the point that a couple times I have had to tell a couple guys that a written statement is going to have to wait, and I am taking a break for a bit, and go kick back and close my eyes and relax/decompress for a however long it takes.

It just hits people differently. You can turn it off for a while until the event is over, but eventually it is going to catch up to you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Funny you mention the hands shaking from adrenaline thing. I have had a few people mention/bring up in AARs about my focus during shooting/events whatever. I have had to tell a couple of them that what they are not seeing is that while during the event I can keep switched on, the funny thing is that an hour (or whatever) after it is over and things are settled down, that is when I get the hand shake thing going on, or even had sweating in one case. To the point that a couple times I have had to tell a couple guys that a written statement is going to have to wait, and I am taking a break for a bit, and go kick back and close my eyes and relax/decompress for a however long it takes.

It just hits people differently. You can turn it off for a while until the event is over, but eventually it is going to catch up to you.
    Yup. Ended a night with a hammer on the half cock notch when I was in my early 20's (DA/SA) walking back from the local corner store. 20 minutes later or so is when it sunk in for me (didn't own a cell at the time).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Sometimes. Sometimes not.

I tend to focus more on the white swan events than the black swan events, as they are more common and can still impact your life.

You can always "what if" and "plus one" to a scenario where odds are stacked against you, but looking at what the world is presenting to you (rather than looking FOR something), being aware to oddities when they present themselves, not looking like food, being flexible enough to change a plan/goal, and having something on you tends to put enough layers up there to make the black swan events even less common.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Much rather attempt a reload on a J given the choice between those two bad choices.

User Tag List