Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Inline Bullet Feeder Kit

Lee Inline Bullet Feeder Kit

I just received this today:
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026079590?pid=697501

Also, I bought four additional magazines:
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026079733?pid=875644

I hope to have time to load 500 rounds tomorrow. When I do use it I'll post a review.

I load in the garage, but store the press inside, to avoid corrosion, so a motorized bullet feeder, or case feeder, was not an option. My plan is to prep the tubes the day before a loading session, while watching TV, or listening to a book, or podcast. That's what I have been doing with the primer tubes.

I had considered the Mini Mr. Bullet Feeder, but that, with just on magazine, holding about 100 bullets, would cost $160,and the Lee setup with four extra mags, which will let me do 500 bullets total, cost $157.

I didn't find many reviews, of the Lee kit, but those I did find were positive, so hopefully this works out.

Following with interest!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I recently bought one of those. It was a chore to install but seems ok now.
    I will have to see how many bullet magazines I care to fill and use up. I wish it held 100 .45s so as to match up bullet and primer refills. But it looks like an 80 shot cycle.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I actually got time to load today, after several weeks of life (work and home), being too hectic to do anything fun. I am very pleased with this setup.

The mags hold exactly 100 rounds of my Blue Bullets 135 gr TC 9mm bullets. It will hold 105 if I load them with the tip of the bullet protruding past the top of the mag.

The die was set up for my bullets, so no need to adjust the two little balls in the die.

I used the yellow tubes, instead of the larger clear tubes, even though the stated inner diameter is .355.". The bullets slid through easily, and the instructions said to use the smallest tube that allowed the bullets to slide easily.

Its a little bit of a tight fit for the mags sitting next to the powder drop, but it does fit, without actually touching the powder drop.

I adjusted the die according to the instructions, and that resulted in 2 or 3 times, per mag, having an extra bullet drop. I adjusted the die, after the second mag, and got that down to 1 or 2 for the last 3 mags. The times the extra bullet did drop it didn't interfere with loading, as it was always at a time when the ram was moving down, or coming to a stop at the bottom, and the extra bullet just bounced off the press, and onto the floor.

The next time I will try adjusting the die again, and see if I can eliminate that, without creating a situation where the bullet doesn't drop when needed.

The only time I had a bullet not drop when needed, happened because I forgot to advance the mag to the next tube.

This bullet feeder made my process much easier, as I could grab a new case while pulling the handle, and place it while confirming powder had dropped, at the end of the down stroke. Way easier, and a little faster, than grabbing both a case and bullet, and then placing both at the bottom of the down stroke. Total time saved isn't much, as I do have to load the mags, but as I said before, that is going to be dine the day before, while also watching TV, or listening to an audio book. However, the time saved actually standing in front of the press is a real value for me.

While a motorized bullet feeder, and case feeder, would be much better, this is a big help in my situation. If I had a climate controlled, and permanent, setup, I would go with motorized feeders, but in my situation this is a huge help, at a low price.

I have all Lee dies on the press now, and other than the seating die, I'm very happy with them.

I need to find a better seating die though, as I'm constantly having to adjust the Lee die. Over the course of a few hundred rounds the seating die starts to back out, and my OAL will increase. Usually about .005" over 500 rounds.

Site Supporter
    Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Site Supporter
    What sort of press are you running this with? Progressive? Turret?

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    What sort of press are you running this with? Progressive? Turret?
    Progressive: Hornady Lock-n-Load AP.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I need to find a better seating die though, as I'm constantly having to adjust the Lee die. Over the course of a few hundred rounds the seating die starts to back out, and my OAL will increase. Usually about .005" over 500 rounds.
    What is backing out? The die body in the press or the seating plug in the die?
    If the former, are you using Lee O-ring lock ring? If so, get a lock ring with set screw or binding screw. I would like to just put 7/8" lock washers under mine.
    If the latter, I like the Hornady seating die with Microjust spindle. Less expensive than the very nice Redding.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Interested on how it pans out as well. I’ve dusted the loader off in anticipation of doing .40 again. Finding real estate on the turret would be the issue for me. I’d prolly dump the decapper and put the pin back into the sizing die. Really like the separate decap station tho.

*edit to add on the die issue*

I use the lock rings as well. I started using them for precision loading a while back and found them very useful. I’ve gone “full OCD” and now have particular die types all with matching colors. 🤦🏻 Not affiliated with them but look up Titan Reloading for a source.
    Last edited by entropy; 03-11-2024 at 08:36 AM.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I need to find a better seating die though, as I'm constantly having to adjust the Lee die. Over the course of a few hundred rounds the seating die starts to back out, and my OAL will increase.
    I glued and marked mine:

Name:  Seating Die.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  26.5 KB

RTV caulk can be peeled off if I ever want to change it, but once I get something working, I want it to stay put.

PS: I still owe you some of the springs and spacers for the powder measure, I thought I knew right where I put them...

User Tag List