Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Inline Bullet Feeder Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    What is backing out? The die body in the press or the seating plug in the die?
    If the former, are you using Lee O-ring lock ring? If so, get a lock ring with set screw or binding screw. I would like to just put 7/8" lock washers under mine.
    If the latter, I like the Hornady seating die with Microjust spindle. Less expensive than the very nice Redding.
    Its the seating stem that's loose, and backing out. I use the Hornady lock rings on all my dies.

I didn't realize the microjust could be used with pistol seating dies.

Are these the ones you use?
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1011035763?pid=255580

https://www.amazon.com/Hornady-04409...s%2C685&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I glued and marked mine:

Attachment 116054

RTV caulk can be peeled off if I ever want to change it, but once I get something working, I want it to stay put.
    That definitely appeals to my penny pinching nature!

PS: I still owe you some of the springs and spacers for the powder measure, I thought I knew right where I put them...
    While that's very kind, rather than spend $ on sending that, if you tell me what the best parts are I'll just order some off amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Its the seating stem that's loose, and backing out. I use the Hornady lock rings on all my dies.

I didn't realize the microjust could be used with pistol seating dies.

Are these the ones you use?
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1011035763?pid=255580

https://www.amazon.com/Hornady-04409...s%2C685&sr=8-1
    Yes, that is the combination I use, 9mm and .45.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I’m always up to learn new things...and if I can satisfy my OCD in the process...so much the better. That said, I’m not sure I’m at the level of using a micrometer seating tool for pistol rounds. I do for precision rifle, but that’s a different animal to me. I do like the RTV idea. Currently, I’ll spot check them every so often and adjust the seater as necessary.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Probably good enough if you stick to the same bullet nose.
    I got the Hornady to replace Dillon seaters with various bullets.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    That said, I’m not sure I’m at the level of using a micrometer seating tool for pistol rounds.
    Me either, but...

I do for precision rifle, but that’s a different animal to me.
    I did just buy my first one, a Forster for 7mm-08, and it is so nifty it has me wondering. Not even used it yet and I already want more, WTH is wrong with me? Don't answer that...

I do like the RTV idea.
    RTV is a great glue for lots of stuff. My wife operates a poster and graphics printing business and I worked for her for a number of years. After we did a project where we attached a bunch of panels together with this super sticky tape and shipped it to California and it all fell offa the wall, a friend turned me onto using RTV as a glue. I always thought of it as just a sealant, but it never gets solid, so it never has a problem with vibration or thermal expansion, and if you need to separate the pieces it can be pried apart or sawed with a piece of string.

Currently, I’ll spot check them every so often and adjust the seater as necessary.
    I love my Lee dies, but the RL1100 can make a huge pile of screwed up ammo before you know it, like I did, before I glued the seater.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Lol on all...

Forster are great folks. They were semi-local to me when I lived in IL. Drove out there (it’s a little hole-in-the-wall shop) a number of times to pick stuff up. Super nice folks. Great products. My buddy has had stuff custom machined from them numerous times. He also lives by RTV. Lol
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

@DMF13, any updates? Thinking about one of these for my classic turret press.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List