Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New conceal carry Firearm

New conceal carry Firearm

Hi There everyone

I am looking at getting a new carry firearm I am looking at the Tisas PX-9 GEN 3 Carry OR. Does anyone own one and can tell me what they tink of the firearm

Thanks
    John

Out of sheer curiosity, may I ask why this particular gun, and not something more traditional like, say, a Glock, M&P or CZ P-10?
    David S.

No reason just found these in a search

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWJ View Post
    Hi There everyone

I am looking at getting a new carry firearm I am looking at the Tisas PX-9 GEN 3 Carry OR. Does anyone own one and can tell me what they tink of the firearm

Thanks
    John
    My first concern is availability of a wide selection of holsters, so that you can easily find those which meet your needs. For this reason and many others, I agree with the post above that you should consider one of the more common options.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    My first concern is availability of a wide selection of holsters, so that you can easily find those which meet your needs. For this reason and many others, I agree with the post above that you should consider one of the more common options.
    Thank you

The Tisas is a bargain “clone” of the XD. That’s a bit like shopping for rubber dog poop because the real thing costs more. JMO. I echo others in saying that there are plenty of mainstream options with proven track records, institutional contracts, and tons of aftermarket support. This is coming from a guy who owns lots of weird guns, too.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

If you are looking for a budget optics ready gun, I would jump on the Beretta APX A1.
    If I wasn't so deep into Glock I would definitely go for the APX out the gate. 2nd choice would be S&W M&P 2.0.
    If you really got to cut corners, the Palmetto Dagger can be had with direct optic cut slides and also benefits from a lot of the Glock ecosystem.

I generally wouldn't bet my life on a Turkish gun. Especially one that appears to be a clone of an HS Product XD, personally my least favorite of the more popular modern-ish handguns.

If you are on a tight budget. the CZ P10 series is a great value. The iron sight versions are like $350. For a bit less than that you might consider a PSA Dagger, but I would really recommend saving just a little more to get something with a proven track record of reliability.

Site Supporter
    This PX-9 review on Recoil is pretty solid...

https://www.recoilweb.com/tisas-px-9...ew-180469.html

Like others said, you can probably get a gun from a more established manufacturer for... not much more. I haven't shot a Beretta APX, but I held one--it felt really good in the hand and the trigger was pretty nice. I find M&Ps feel pretty decent, too.

Nevertheless...

Tisas has been earning a pretty good reputation lately, for their 1911s. Though their Hi Power clones weren't as highly regarded. Interesting that these are XD clones. XDs always felt like decent-quality guns to me. Can't say the ones I tried wowed me in terms of the shooting experience... then again, neither do Glocks. Or M&Ps.

For a small, striker-fired gun, I'm a fan of the Walther PPS:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1035859336

They're cheap (<$400) because they're single stacks and no one wants single stacks. But they feel great, they shoot great, they're thin, small and very reliable. I have two first-gen PPSs. They're splendid little blasters, at any size. And at least one successfully completed the 2,000 round challenge here on PF.

Name:  50DA4DC6-2542-47CB-856A-8DCABE2CF7D0.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  61.2 KBName:  85CE67B6-82DE-4EB8-A93D-6C8CC1BA6BB1.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  28.6 KB
    Last edited by MattyD380; 03-09-2024 at 03:28 PM.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Tisas may be a decent choice for a 1911 (where everything is a crapshoot regardless of price) but there's too many excellent, affordable carry guns right now to go down that path. S&W Shields are ridiculous bargains when paired with a rebate, the 43X and P365 are usually priced right and the FN Reflex looks pretty solid if you need to be different.

Holster and magazine availability don't cross the average shooter's mind until they can't find those things.

User Tag List