Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest movie twists

Just saw a movie called THE OUTFIT that totally falls in the category. Not many have seen it so I don’t want to spoil it… but it was a good watch.

Name:  IMG_0042.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  39.9 KB

L.A. Confidential. Captain Smith is talking with Exley and mentions a particular name that comes as a shock. Instantly, you see Exley's involuntary facial movements. Nostrils flare just a bit. Eyebrows raise ever so slightly. His jaw sets. Subtle and missed by most.

Great in that, the audience already knows but, you're seeing the character realize the plot twist in the blink of an eye. The hunter realizes he's just become the prey and has to fight through the reaction so he doesn't skylight himself. Cool as a cucumber.

Love that movie. I am saddened that they truly don't make movies like that anymore, and probably never will again. Different class of actor, writer, era, the works.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    L.A. Confidential. Captain Smith is talking with Exley and mentions a particular name that comes as a shock. Instantly, you see Exley's involuntary facial movements. Nostrils flare just a bit. Eyebrows raise ever so slightly. His jaw sets. Subtle and missed by most.

Great in that, the audience already knows but, you're seeing the character realize the plot twist in the blink of an eye. The hunter realizes he's just become the prey and has to fight through the reaction so he doesn't skylight himself. Cool as a cucumber.

Love that movie. I am saddened that they truly don't make movies like that anymore, and probably never will again. Different class of actor, writer, era, the works.
    Read the books if you haven't. Highly recommended.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

It’s one of my top favorite movies. There’s so much good in its crazy. I need to watch it again.

I always laugh when Exley gets slapped in the bar.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Read the books if you haven't. Highly recommended.
    I hadn’t read LA Confidental for a long time after seeing the movie. The book is great.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I hadn’t read LA Confidental for a long time after seeing the movie. The book is great.
    The whole "Quartet" is very good.

Love that movie!

Of course the big problem with it as well as one of the other movies mentioned in the very first post of this thread,The Usual Suspects, is it they both happen to contain Kevin Spacey.

Although it's not as bad as watching one of my other favorite movies, the Naked Gun, and having to put up with looking at OJ.

Much more minor one in this one, but still a pretty good one:

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post

Much more minor one in this one, but still a pretty good one:
    Primer is one of the more challenging time travel films I've ever seen.
    A very underrated movie in that genre that fits in this thread is Timecrimes, a Spanish movie that takes a very simple situation and iterates it into a monstrous series of events.

Lotta good films being mentioned here. Been a while since I've seen most of them. Thanks fellas.

User Tag List