Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 over the A300

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I have both

The 300 does not have an adjustable rear sight.

If the stock is not an issue, I would get the 300
    Given the prevalence of red dot optics on these berettas and the fact, the A320 accepts all 1301 optics mounting options. I can see why they didn’t bother with an adjustable rear site.

Does the 1301 weigh less than the A300 UP? Probably not a consideration unless you plan to hike with it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post

But knowing now how much I like the SGA I will probably only look to A400/1301 actions personally.
    Thats just not available here, locally. Im in suburbia, theres no place for any kind of 3 gun, IPSC, USPSA...etc.. There are a few clubs that have matches but 1. I dont think they have a lot of space to work with because most wedged in between developments and 2. The all either require you to know someone and be invited or sign up for a waiting list to be a member, or both. Last I checked, the nearest 3 gun was an hour and a half away.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Does the 1301 weigh less than the A300 UP? Probably not a consideration unless you plan to hike with it.
    Didnt think of that but I used to hike with a lot worse

Ok, so A300 none adjustable sights. How much does that actually matter for a shotgun? Serious question, not being a smartass. My experience is limited to your traditional pumps at a max of 25 yards using whatever Wally world ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It is listed (A300) as a quarter or half pound heavier Also, the barrel is a half inch longer on the 300 so the OAL is the same as the 1301.

Since weights can vary from what is listed, I would live a live weight on both. When I picked the UP a few weeks back, it felt heavier than I would have expected, but I didn't have a 1301 there at the shop.

I can still remember the first time I picked up a TX4, and compared to the 1187's I was accustomed to, it seemed filled with helium. A few ounces shouldn't matter, but if it is much more, like the difference between a Benelli M4 and M2, it makes the M4 feel like a club to me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Thats just not available here, locally. Im in suburbia, theres no place for any kind of 3 gun, IPSC, USPSA...etc.. There are a few clubs that have matches but 1. I dont think they have a lot of space to work with because most wedged in between developments and 2. The all either require you to know someone and be invited or sign up for a waiting list to be a member, or both. Last I checked, the nearest 3 gun was an hour and a half away.
    The magpul SGA stock. I like the angle for my wrist better on the SGA stock. Unrelated to any game. I've shot clays, but never shot any 3 gun or shotgun related matches.

The A300 cant take the SGA stock, and I was surprised how well it seems to fit me, and how much easier for my wrist. So I'll look to the A400 or 1301 with a recoil system that will let me use the SGA.

@Ben_G

Can the A300UP factory stock be shortened at all? More of a curiosity question than necessity.

Runs great for me as is, but I could see the benefits of losing 3/4” off it too.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    @Ben_G

Can the A300UP factory stock be shortened at all? More of a curiosity question than necessity.

Runs great for me as is, but I could see the benefits of losing 3/4” off it too.

Thank you!
    You might be able to shave 1/4"-1/2" by swapping to a thinner buttpad from our hunting line. And I'm working on bringing some new iterations of those in (Italy has integrated a new, more durable material into their lineup).
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    You might be able to shave 1/4"-1/2" by swapping to a thinner buttpad from our hunting line.
    I put this one on both my Tactical and Comp, they came with one that was kinda squishy (would have been nice for trap, with a pre-mounted gun).

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I put this one on both my Tactical and Comp, they came with one that was kinda squishy (would have been nice for trap, with a pre-mounted gun).
    Yeah, the tac guns ship with the rubber pads. The Micro-core stuff tends to be on the nicer field guns and the competition guns. We have a new material to replace the microcore, but again, I'm still getting in process for getting those added to the US catalog and imported.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

User Tag List