Thread: I-25, Wyoming and Colorado getting smoked with winds

I-25, Wyoming and Colorado getting smoked with winds

I80 is closed out of Rawlings too. Trucks blown on their sides all over the place, supposedly.

Name:  IMG_9261.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  50.6 KB
    #RESIST

We had some pretty bad winds starting Saturday here in northern Utah, and more last night, along with a couple good storms rolling through. We had snow flying Sunday, and this morning. Winter came back, if only temporarily. I had to drive a mountain pass at work today and it was hairy. Several slide offs.

ETA: I've dealt with some bad winds towing camp trailers on I-80... and seen the results of a lightly loaded semi getting tipped over first hand. There are good reasons to heed the road closures/warnings in Wyoming.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    It’s brutal here north of Colorado Springs. Counted numerous turned over portajohns. 70mph gusts by my house.

Glad I’m not working today.
    Optimists study English; pessimists study Chinese; and realists learn to use a Kalashnikov.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I80 is closed out of Rawlings too. Trucks blown on their sides all over the place, supposedly.

Name:  IMG_9261.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  50.6 KB
    I thought this only happened on days that end in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I thought this only happened on days that end in Y.
    No one that knew anything about the weather there, wanted the feds to put I25 there. But here we are 😁
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    We had some pretty bad winds starting Saturday here in northern Utah, and more last night, along with a couple good storms rolling through. We had snow flying Sunday, and this morning. Winter came back, if only temporarily. I had to drive a mountain pass at work today and it was hairy. Several slide offs.

ETA: I've dealt with some bad winds towing camp trailers on I-80... and seen the results of a lightly loaded semi getting tipped over first hand. There are good reasons to heed the road closures/warnings in Wyoming.
    Wyoming doesn’t mess around, lots of stranded people tonight.
    #RESIST

Could be interesting. I have a boxed in trailer, its only 4 ft off the deck, moderate load. Ill be on 25 wed.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Wyoming doesn’t mess around, lots of stranded people tonight.
    Been there, took the back roads to get home. Never fun when you are the last one through the gates before WHP closes them. You know how they say "TIA" about Africa? I like to think of "TIW" ...

User Tag List