Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fly United.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The car owner's probably glad that there was news coverage about it. Can you imagine telling the adjuster that your car was totaled because an airplane dropped a tire on it?
    I have mentioned before that a friend (that is a little order) lived near WPAFB when he was a kid and a landing gear door came through the roof and hit him while he was laying in bed. I asked him if back then his parents were required to pay to have the airplane repaired, but he said they were actually quite nice about it. Now he has a cool scar and a neat story, since he is not dead from getting hit by a landing gear door while he was laying in bed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I have mentioned before that a friend (that is a little order) lived near WPAFB when he was a kid and a landing gear door came through the roof and hit him while he was laying in bed. I asked him if back then his parents were required to pay to have the airplane repaired, but he said they were actually quite nice about it. Now he has a cool scar and a neat story, since he is not dead from getting hit by a landing gear door while he was laying in bed.
    Similar thing happened in Jacksonville when I was living in Florida. P3 taking off out of Mayport lost a sonobuoy at about 500-600ft and tried playing lawn darts with the houses below. Went right through a houses roof and landed in a bedroom.

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/n...d/15945188007/
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post

Keep in mind when .gov came out with vax mandates for the airlines, the first to jump all in was UAL. I have discussed this with upper levels of their flight ops management team casually. Their take was that UAL took the most Covid relief funds.
    Not quite... https://home.treasury.gov/policy-iss...nal%20security.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    These were all Boeing planes IIRC, pure coincidence their whistleblower just offed himself too.
    Wasn't he giving depositions at their direction, and to their advantage? Could you offer some clarity on what makes the timing curious, please?
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post

Quite.

I had a front row seat to this at the national pilot union (ALPA) level as well. I fought the mandates for our pilots and helped craft contractual language protecting them from what other companies in the industry (UAL) were implementing at the time. Due to their operational exposure and other elements effecting them it was my understanding that the funds were both substantial, time critical and needed.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quite.

I had a front row seat to this at the national pilot union (ALPA) level as well. I fought the mandates for our pilots and helped craft contractual language protecting them from what other companies in the industry (UAL) were implementing at the time. Due to their operational exposure and other elements effecting them it was my understanding that the funds were both substantial, time critical and needed.
    /stares at the numbers cited

/rereads your post

Well alright then, if you say so.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    /stares at the numbers cited

/rereads your post

Well alright then, if you say so.
    I’d still say your a dick

Not sure if this belongs here or the Airplane thread...

UALs Principal Operations Inspector (The head FAA guy that oversees their operation) pulled their authority to self-conduct new type ratings in-house, prohibited them from starting new routes, and effectively shut down their growth for the foreseeable future. There’s a bunch of other aggressive oversight that’s going to happen as well.

This is beyond huge and I have not seen it ANYWHERE in the news. The .feds step in all the time with shady operations dropping the hammer on them for safety, but NEVER at this level in the industry has this happened. What this means is that all the airplanes in cue for UAL will sit idle. Any new check ride that occurs at UAL will be done by the .feds. This will create a backlog that will hit them like a tsunami.

Again, for those folks here that fly for a living, you KNOW how unprecedented this is. Yet...crickets.

There’s two sides of me in this. First, I’m glad SOMEONE had the FUCKING BALLS to step up on this before there was a mass casualty event. The DEI crap in this business has driven this and has gone far enough. The flip side scares me. I see this being turned into yet another power grab by the feds. It may not start like that, but it WILL evolve into it. You watch. This is how this business works.

It’s going to be very interesting to see the ramifications of this as it ripples thru both UAL and the industry as a whole.

*edit to add*

Come to find out one of the UAL PR/Safety people (how this is connected is beyond me) was a former political reporter at CNN. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
    Name:  IMG_8175.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  26.4 KB
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Name:  IMG_8175.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  26.4 KB
    Wow.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    “Wow” is right.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List