Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX-Regulator Ranch Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Hence the? But with anything from FM it’s more likely than not it will not run.
    I sort of planned to put an MCX upper on an FM Ranch Rifle lower anyways.

The thing SIG got right here - the safety. The cross-bolt that FM and FiteLite use is actually one of the worst design features IMO.

I’ve beat on my Rattler, sorta in that I’ve got a couple thousand rounds with of really freaking dirty Lil’Gun reloads only suppressed and cast/coated reloads, and I don’t know, it just runs, I’ve never cleaned it. I think I’ve lubed it a couple times. Great gun.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The market for this is people in ban states not really as a BAR competitor or for people “out west.”
    What you said:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/t...gulator-video/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I sort of planned to put an MCX upper on an FM Ranch Rifle lower anyways.

The thing SIG got right here - the safety. The cross-bolt that FM and FiteLite use is actually one of the worst design features IMO.
    The safety does look interesting; I hope that SIG did, indeed, get it right. I do not live in a “ban” state, and my retiree’s budget does not easily accommodate much experimenting with new firearms, but this one does continue to occupy some amount of my attention.

Edited to add: The NRA annual meeting/exhibit event will be here in Texas, this year, in May. Perhaps I can get an idea of the ergonomics/handling of this weapon, in a couple of months.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Is it just me, or does the Regulator look much longer than its competitors like FightLite ACR?

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Is it just me, or does the Regulator look much longer than its competitors like FightLite ACR?
    Yeah, but that's because the MCX Regulator uses normal MCX uppers. They need more receiver behind the charging handle to hold the recoil buffer. The SCR's recoil system goes down inside the stock. Also the MCX Regulator needs more room for the relocated rotating safety, whereas the SCR uses a pushbutton safety that doesn't take up as much room.

Name:  mcx regulator.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  21.4 KB
    Name:  scr.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  21.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Eight pounds strikes me as heavy for this. My Browning .308 DBM is lighter.

https://www.browning.com/products/fi...-magazine.html
    Interesting and made in Best State. Tell me about it. Any first round fliers?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Interesting and made in Best State. Tell me about it. Any first round fliers?
    I have two, one with an Aimpoint Micro and the other with a NF 1-4. They are walking around rifles for areas with bears, and as a back up elk hunting. I zeroed the one with a Micro at 50, and the one with the NF two inches high at 100. Not much long range group shooting, but nothing odd about the first round impact.

More info here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....MK-3-DBM/page8
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    All the Sig hate aside, I’m happy to see this as an option for ban state residents.

Still illegal here.
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

User Tag List