View Poll Results: What's in your .32 popgun?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Federal HST

1 25.00%
  • Federal Punch

0 0%
  • Remington HTP

0 0%
  • Speer Gold Dot

1 25.00%
  • Ball

1 25.00%
  • Handload

0 0%
  • Other

1 25.00%

Thread: 30 Super Carry: Carry Load Selection

30 Super Carry: Carry Load Selection

I don't but both guys I know run Gold Dot or HST as they find them. Both hit to point of aim with both guns.

If I carried this I'd just put a red string from the muzzle to the cork...
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

The problem as usual is Clear Ballistics, and here w a small Hollowpoint cavity.
    I'm sure the top rounds do great in Organic Gel.

It will be interesting to see what 85-92 grain JHP Federal is playing with, maybe the same 85 gr Hydrashok from .327
    And would be interesting if that can perform at both a "Low recoil" 250 ft lbs option and a Full Power 320-350 ft lbs option....

Just conjecture of course

I'm surprised there are four people here that actually carry this round.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    The problem as usual is Clear Ballistics, and here w a small Hollowpoint cavity.
    I'm sure the top rounds do great in Organic Gel.

It will be interesting to see what 85-92 grain JHP Federal is playing with, maybe the same 85 gr Hydrashok from .327
    And would be interesting if that can perform at both a "Low recoil" 250 ft lbs option and a Full Power 320-350 ft lbs option....

Just conjecture of course
    It should be interesting. Hopefully, they don't fall into the high velocity shallow penetration trap.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I'm surprised there are four people here that actually carry this round.

It should be interesting. Hopefully, they don't fall into the high velocity shallow penetration trap.
    Lol, I don't. This week I have carried .357, .40 & 9mm depending on where I am going, how cold it was outside, and how much weight my body could take on the hips that day or how long I expected to be out.

However, the Punch is actually a lower recoil round. Champion practice Ammo coming out is low recoil, and I hope they market "Low Recoil" rounds, w the high sectional density 13.5" Organic Gel Penetration is totally possible, 15.5" w the full power loads.

Those will actually be a great option splitting 380 & 9mm recoil and terminal performance which is a huge gap that could need filling by many...
    Marketing will be the issue, as well as youtubers going omg it barely expanded in my Clear Ballistics it sucks...

PPU's 7.62 Tok JHP will go 16" Clear Ballistics at 1550-1600 fps
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 03-10-2024 at 02:43 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXoZpd6IOmQ

Knox Gel Punch and HST Bare and 4LD (x2)

Punch being a bit lower recoil...

That's where this should have been shining to split 380 & 9mm recoil and performance.

I'd imagine a lot of newer shooters/females etc with the Punch/Champion & future "Low Recoil" rounds may feel more comfortable in a Shield Plus or similar in 30 Super vs 9mm...

Does it well in Organic, but Clear Ballistics testers aren't helping this cartridge any...

Also, more full size pistols like PD10/12 (or if it was chambered in the new long barrel comped Special Forces Arex Delta) with full power loads and RDS one would think it would RED Dot Track better staying in window and flatter shooting for those that specifically might have to counter ambush with pistols vs Rifles at extended distances...just a niche thought...

User Tag List