Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LionHeart Vulcan Optic Ready

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I've had two Lionheart pistols from various iterations of the company, and both of them were super solid shooters. Accurate, reliable, etc everything that you'd expect. My problem with the LH was always "what is this doing for me that a Beretta 92 Compact doesn't do?"
    I believe it is substiantally thinner and lighter. K cut from the factory is also a nice clean way to integrate an RDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My thought was you don't use the safety at all.
    That's how I would roll, but I generally dislike DA/SA guns with safeties from a fear I might accidentally activate the safety while carrying. The likelihood of that happening varies greatly by the design of the safety.

How would you describe the DA+? The guys from their company seem to be unable to describe it succinctly. I am thinking it is a DA pull length with SA weight, like an LEM?

Site Supporter
    My thought was you don't use the safety at all.
    I use the safety on mine.

You said you messed with one, so you probably know... but... the DA+ is just an SA trigger, flipped forward to DA position; you've got about 1lb of "flippy slack" before you get to an SA wall. For me, that doesn't replace a true DA trigger in the "peace of mind" department. But, combined with a safety, I'm very comfortable with it.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I use the safety on mine.

You said you messed with one, so you probably know... but... the DA+ is just an SA trigger, flipped forward to DA position; you've got about 1lb of "flippy slack" before you get to an SA wall. For me, that doesn't replace a true DA trigger in the "peace of mind" department. But, combined with a safety, I'm very comfortable with it.
    Doesn't it also have a weightless 2 piece hammer travel like a LEM, such that you can pin the hammer down as you holster?

For many of us, that's the main concern, but I see where you're coming from in that the DA+ doesn't do a ton to make the trigger pull itself "safer"

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Doesn't it also have a weightless 2 piece hammer travel like a LEM, such that you can pin the hammer down as you holster?

For many of us, that's the main concern, but I see where you're coming from in that the DA+ doesn't do a ton to make the trigger pull itself "safer"
    If it’s a long 3-4 pound pull, with a hammer, I’m fine with that and no safety.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post

Yeah, that's exactly right--it's basically a hinged hammer. So, from a holstering standpoint, you're good.

Personally, I like the peace of mind of an "off switch" with a trigger that light--lest I fumble a draw or carry in a soft holster.

Site Supporter
    If it’s a long 3-4 pound pull, with a hammer, I’m fine with that and no safety.
    Yup, I think you'd be GTG with no safety. The Daewoo's SA is heavier than that... but I imagine Lionheart has slicked things up a bit, for $1700.

Detail strip and discussion of the DP-51 variants:
    http://apexgunsmithing.com/disassemb...p-51-variants/

I'm getting more interested in this gun...

Site Supporter
    Detail strip and discussion of the DP-51 variants:
    http://apexgunsmithing.com/disassemb...p-51-variants/

I'm getting more interested in this gun...
    Nice! That's a good overview. I kinda wanna read those chapters, he mentioned.

EDIT: Read earlier posts that answer my question, and the answer seems to be yes.

I remember reading somewhere that these were based on S&W 3rd gens and are (for lack of a better term) a modern 3rd gen.

Can anyone co-sign that assessment?

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    EDIT: Read earlier posts that answer my question, and the answer seems to be yes.

I remember reading somewhere that these were based on S&W 3rd gens and are (for lack of a better term) a modern 3rd gen.

Can anyone co-sign that assessment?
    I've been digging into this, and haven't found evidence that the DP-51 and S&W 59 share a common design. I'd be interested in knowing more because I'm not a fan of the S&W based on owning two.

User Tag List