Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Scored a MINT Ruger Speed Six!

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post

If I ever get my Speed Six running again (yeah, ultra rugged and reliable, nothing ever goes wrong with these... So OF COURSE mine breaks), a nicer solution for a visible front sight than just fingernail polish might be in order. (Besides, orange fingernail polish disappears from sight against a tan cardboard target at dusk.)
    What parts do you need? I have a bunch of spare parts in my bin.

And if it's the trigger return spring, Wolff has them. Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    What parts do you need? I have a bunch of spare parts in my bin.
    Wow, thank you!

Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure. Most of the time the gun seems to work fine, but there is definitely something off in its timing. There are several off-center firing pin strikes on my snap caps. I've recently been able to acquire the appropriate Kuhnhausen manual, but I haven't had the time to go over everything yet with the book (and I don't really have great measuring equipment for a job like this...) One thing I did notice during my prechecks is that on one of the chambers, at least some of the time, the cylinder locks right at the same time as the single action sear engages, which if I'm reading correctly it definitely should not do. With the other chambers cylinder lock and s.a. sear engagement happens distinctly separately. So... The ratchet, then? But at least just eyeballing the lugs, I can't see anything distinctly different in one of them. Pawl? But why would it affect lockup at only one of the chambers. Or perhaps I'm barking up an entirely wrong tree.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    And if it's the trigger return spring, Wolff has them. Best, Jon
    And conveniently, Wolff hopes on their website to resume international shipping sometime during the coming summer of 2022... :P But thank you for the tip.

Fortunately, as far as I can tell, the trigger return spring is fine.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

User Tag List