Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: G19 sized options

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I don't like them on most guns. The factory flat trigger with a factory "Performance Center" or "PC" firing pin plunger is pretty darn nice on a M&P and a huge improvement over the hinged curved trigger.
    If the accuracy issue is fixed on the mp, I think it's a completely underrated option. Thumb safety is positive, gives you safety when reholstering. It is gonna be a mental hurdle to get past not having s hammer to thumb.

The best turnkey option is the M&P Compact. Having had both the M&P and the P07, I preferred my P07 with the Pro Grade kit and an RMR direct milled. But it’s definitely more $$. I’d say at least 2x the cost of a stock M&P.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    If the accuracy issue is fixed on the mp, I think it's a completely underrated option. Thumb safety is positive, gives you safety when reholstering. It is gonna be a mental hurdle to get past not having s hammer to thumb.
    The 2 optic ready 2.0s I had Decemember 2021-June 2022 both held in the black at 25y on a B8, and tighter with Norma 124 and Gold Dot if I did my part.

I have terrible range of motion in my right thumb so had to ditch my plan to use the thumb safeties, or I probably would have kept them. I went PX4 after the M&Ps since I'd carried a 92 in 2020-2021, then I went back to Glock.
    For me, the 2.0 full feels great but is long in the grip for carry, and the 2.0C was a little too small front to back vs a Glock or PX4CC. But that's perosnal.
    Name:  20220414_192124.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  69.8 KB

ETA: I've become a really big fan of the Holosun SCS line to turn an optics ready plate gun into a super low direct mill.
    Last edited by Noah; 03-06-2024 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    The 2 optic ready 2.0s I had Decemember 2021-June 2022 both held in the black at 25y on a B8, and tighter with Norma 124 and Gold Dot if I did my part.

I have terrible range of motion in my right thumb so had to ditch my plan to use the thumb safeties, or I probably would have kept them. I went PX4 after the M&Ps since I'd carried a 92 in 2020-2021, then I went back to Glock.
    Name:  20220414_192124.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  69.8 KB

ETA: I've become a really big fan of the Holosun SCS line to turn an optics ready plate gun into a super low direct mill.
    I love and hate glocks. I really wanted to try the glock 49 but I've been down the road glock too many times. I just never felt comfortable with even the Gadget, 100% mental on my end

Site Supporter
    I love and hate glocks. I really wanted to try the glock 49 but I've been down the road glock too many times. I just never felt comfortable with even the Gadget, 100% mental on my end
    For me, Glock with an SCD between the drop shelf under the trigger bar and then the SCD is a very secure system compared to basically any other striker gun. I love DA/SA in theory and have spent a combined 3+ years with 92s and PX4s, but FOR ME, DA/SA just took more work and upkeep to maintain skills. Some months I'm dry firing 3+ times a week and shooting a match, other months I'm busy with kids and work and school and only get (make time to) to dry fire a few times in a month, and staying proficient with a Glock is just a lot easier for me personally. There are plenty of other people for whom DA/SA is even less of a factor.

I also found myself very tempted to NOT decock the Berettas coming off target in a competition environment. That was another reason I decided to go LEM or back to Glock SCD, as both systems "auto reset" as you come off the trigger.

LEM is certainly a slightly larger margin of safety than Glock/SCD, but for me, Glock is simply much cheaper and simpler, optics ready, and safe enough. I really love the simplicity of the Glocks from an engineering perspective, and I shoot them as well or better than anything else with the flat sides and rolling trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    For me, Glock with an SCD between the drop shelf under the trigger bar and then the SCD is a very secure system compared to basically any other striker gun. I love DA/SA in theory and have spent a combined 3+ years with 92s and PX4s, but FOR ME, DA/SA just took more work and upkeep to maintain skills. Some months I'm dry firing 3+ times a week and shooting a match, other months I'm busy with kids and work and school and only get (make time to) to dry fire a few times in a month, and staying proficient with a Glock is just a lot easier for me personally. There are plenty of other people for whom DA/SA is even less of a factor.

I also found myself very tempted to NOT decock the Berettas coming off target in a competition environment. That was another reason I decided to go LEM or back to Glock SCD, as both systems "auto reset" as you come off the trigger.

LEM is certainly a slightly larger margin of safety than Glock/SCD, but for me, Glock is simply much cheaper and simpler, optics ready, and safe enough. I really love the simplicity of the Glocks from an engineering perspective, and I shoot them as well or better than anything else with the flat sides and rolling trigger.
    Agree with all of this. I ended up with a lem gun because I went with the side of caution.

And now I have a MP for all the reasons you described when it pertained why you are back to glock. I 100% understand and you basically summed up the thought process of the MP purchase. I have 5 kids under 10 and a full time job, some months I barely get to dry fire because I usually chose working out over dry fire.

Parenting issues

Site Supporter
    Agree with all of this. I ended up with a lem gun because I went with the side of caution.

And now I have a MP for all the reasons you described when it pertained why you are back to glock. I 100% understand and you basically summed up the thought process of the MP purchase. I have 5 kids under 10 and a full time job, some months I barely get to dry fire because I usually chose working out over dry fire.

Parenting issues
    I'm only at 2 kids under 3!

I have a nice scaled targets and some room to move dryfire setup in the basement, and the room to the right of my "start" area we remodeled into a playroom. Now I can dryfire while my daughter plays down there and take breaks between drills to pretend to drink the tea cup she made me or help her fix something. It really worked out haha

The simple guns are nice because on the months you get to invest in a lot of dry and live practice, they come right with you, and in the months where the budget is crammed and kids are sick and work is busy, they stay simple.

I have 5 kids under 10
    Dang, sounds like you needed a different kind of safety.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Dang, sounds like you needed a different kind of safety.
    Blended family but the wife and I do enjoy one another

I have 5 kids under 10… I usually chose working out over dry fire.
    Is that what the kids call it nowadays?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List