Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: G19 sized options

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Today I was reminded that 4" is the breaking point for enough barrel to shoot common 9mm duty loads well. Anything less than 4" requires greater care in selection of ammunition.
    Chuck Haggard recently posted about 124 HST performing very well out of sub 4” barrels in his pocket rocket class

Site Supporter
    Is that a common problem with HST and Gold Dot? To be honest, all the other less mainstream options are pretty irrelevant to me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Is that a common problem with HST and Gold Dot? To be honest, all the other less mainstream options are pretty irrelevant to me.
    I'm no SME, but I would expect if you're carrying HST or Gold Dot you are probably just fine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by benmac View Post
    We will be making them for as many pistols as we possibly can. Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on our other future offerings. I can tell you the VP-9 is certainly on our radar.
    Who is "we"? Where do we subscribe to your newsletter?

I'm not trying to throw poo poo on any ideas of terminal performance out of 9mm out of short barrels, BUT, there's a TON of folks on this forum who happily carry 5 shot 38s loaded with standard pressure wadcutters. Not sure why we would obsess over slightly less performance out of a duty-ish pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Who is "we"? Where do we subscribe to your newsletter?
    https://danforthdesigns.com/
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I like 9mm 365s, but I really like a .380 P365 with a thumb safety. 11-13 rounds of the Haggard tested Fed HS Deep
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Both gold dot and hst can fail to expand without enough velocity. I tend to go with shorter that 3.6 inch barrel I run a 124 of 124+p

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Both gold dot and hst can fail to expand without enough velocity. I tend to go with shorter that 3.6 inch barrel I run a 124 of 124+p
    All I stock is 124 standard pressure Gold Dot. Like psalms said, I obsess over expansion a lot less than I once did!

Site Supporter
    Shot placement with adequate penetration generally trumps large and shallow

User Tag List