Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: G19 sized options

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Besides trying out the mp 2.0 that was next on the list. I like how low the dot can be milled and also the fact that it's hammer fired. Not sold on getting non oem parts if I don't have to. The older I get, the less I want to mess with guns I carry.

The only aftermarket part you NEED on a P07 is the firing pin retaining pin, which is under $10.

P07+a few parts+ basic milling= about the same price as an MOS Glock. Really a wash once you add holsters and the dot.... Maybe a 10% price difference?

One new option you might consider is the upcoming Grand Power MK23, which are going to be optics ready from the factory.

I just picked up a 2.0 CORE for my wife and I like it better than any other striker-fired pistol I've shot. I zeroed the dot the other day and was very pleased with the accuracy. I attribute part of the nice group to the superb trigger. The three rounds under the tape were pretty tight, too. (Especially considering it was me on the trigger!) I prefer my CZ but this S&W is pretty slick.
    Name:  IMG_9698.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  25.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    After having part of my pinky amputated, I have started to formulate a plan to get back into shooting. I put my trusty p2000s to the side of the safe for now and grabbed a new pistol that is rds capable: the mp 2.0 compact.

What other options are out there that are g19 sized? I am only really interested in guns with hammers and if it's a striker, needs a safety.
    There are really only 3 answers in my mind.

Sig 229 - readily available OEM optics ready

Beretta 92C - I think only available from LTT. I'm not sure if I have actually seen a 92C with an optic. - I'll add that the Centurion concealed as well as a 19 for me. The Centurion is probably my favorite Beretta.

Beretta PX4CC - I believe only available optics ready from LTT

My favorite TDA trigger is the 229. If I had to choose one TDA to live with for the rest of my life - the 229 would be it, followed closely by the 226.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    There are really only 3 answers in my mind.

Sig 229 - readily available OEM optics ready

Beretta 92C - I think only available from LTT. I'm not sure if I have actually seen a 92C with an optic. - I'll add that the Centurion concealed as well as a 19 for me. The Centurion is probably my favorite Beretta.

Beretta PX4CC - I believe only available optics ready from LTT

My favorite TDA trigger is the 229. If I had to choose one TDA to live with for the rest of my life - the 229 would be it, followed closely by the 226.
    https://www.beretta.com/en-us/produc...compact-FA0047

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    I just picked up a 2.0 CORE for my wife and I like it better than any other striker-fired pistol I've shot. I zeroed the dot the other day and was very pleased with the accuracy. I attribute part of the nice group to the superb trigger. The three rounds under the tape were pretty tight, too. (Especially considering it was me on the trigger!) I prefer my CZ but this S&W is pretty slick.
    Name:  IMG_9698.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  25.2 KB
    I don't get why the mp9 series isn't more popular with the 2.0 variants

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I don't get why the mp9 series isn't more popular with the 2.0 variants
    I see then in cop holsters quite often. The 320 and M&P are in a pretty close fight behind Glock for LEO contracts.

For the civilian crowd... it's a popular gun. Some people don't like Smith. Some people think the M&P is "cheap". Some people are still afraid of the mushy trigger and accuracy problems of the 1.0. Biggest reason? It's not new and flashy.

Basically the only gun relatively immune to the need to be "the new hotness" is Glock, and thats an enviable market position.

Now I've seen one! I still like the Centurion better but it's good to know the compact is an option.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

When the wolves are at the door and my life is on the line and I had to pick one striker fired 9mm pistol to go to war and fight with *out of the box*, it would still be a Glock. From past experience I just believe Glock has better consistent quality control over most other brands of SF pistols. Of course if you have vetted your pistol through thousands of rds of ammo and it has prove reliable, carry whatever pistol you want.

I'm waiting for the non-ported 4" barrel/slide for the P365 Macro. I'll probably be buying two when they come out. (1-2 year ETA)
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I'm waiting for the non-ported 4" barrel/slide for the P365 Macro. I'll probably be buying two when they come out. (1-2 year ETA)
    Standard non-ported Macro has a 3.7" barrel. Is 0.3" that important?

I'm still kind of miffed that the Macro went with a grip longer than the G19, as the grip is what I typically have the hardest time concealing.

User Tag List