Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: G19 sized options

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I just did the straight extrapolate from the data we have and then checked it against data we already had. I'm sure the relationship between barrel length and velocity isn't perfectly linear so it's not perfect.
    John, thinking about Sig products (and HK), four inches doesn't seem common as a 9mm barrel length, any idea why they do 3.6-3.8 as opposed to 4.0 on most of their pistols?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Rationally - probably not.

Emotionally - I spent 20+ years carrying a 45 ACP. The part of my brain that misses the 45 wants those little bullets to get as much of a start as possible.
    Before the AWB expired, my carry gun was a SIG P228. I loved that little gun, except for the rattley mags and worse capacity to weight ratio than a G19. Once the AWB expired, I slowly migrated over to the G19. The P228 had a 3.9” barrel, so even closer to the XMacro length.

You can math all you want. I have a P2000Sk that measures faster than one of my P30s. Yes, barrel length matters, but there are other factors involved. Just sayin.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    After having part of my pinky amputated, I have started to formulate a plan to get back into shooting. I put my trusty p2000s to the side of the safe for now and grabbed a new pistol that is rds capable: the mp 2.0 compact.

What other options are out there that are g19 sized? I am only really interested in guns with hammers and if it's a striker, needs a safety.
    From my perspective, the M&P 2.0 Compact w/Thumb Safety is my choice. While I may like other mid-sized 9mms, hands down, the 2.0 Compact is my preference.

Walther PDP Compact is Glock 19 sized also

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I’ve returned to my roots lately and have been shooting my HKs again. The USPc is about the same size as a G19. I wonder if that grip extension on the magazine would help “tuck” the lower portion of your remaining pinky finger into the grip. I notice a definite difference shooting the compact with the magazine extension vs using a plain flat floor plate. I have a much more solid purchase using the magazine with the extension. I’m not sure exactly how much you’re missing, but for myself it seems that it “tucks” or creates purchase from about the knuckle down towards the outside of the hand.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

The G19 length/height/width/weight/payload is certainly where all the lines cross.
    Add in its other characteristics, its ecosystem, SCD and ease of optic mounting and one can easily see why it is such a standard. You have to go down into the weeds in rather specific use cases and preferences(like brand loyalty, disliking what you're department issues on contrarian principle...or being a 1911 trigger queen) to get a meaningful ROI on something else.

Has the CZ P-10c been mentioned? Interesting because of the SCD that'll soon be available.

I'm larger than average, so I don't notice a significant concealment difference between "full size" and "compact" sized guns.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    If money was no object, and I didn’t need a functioning tractor, then I would try a USPc LEM with thumb safety.

I think the P-07 is good enough as is out of the box, and despite it being DA/SA, I would feel most comfortable going back to it over any other gun, if I had been away from shooting for a long period of time. Just something about the trigger characteristics works for me, the controls are about perfect.

Currently I use a Glock, but I wish I had went M&P as my striker option. Despite the SCD and NY1 trigger, I still do not feel all that comfortable with Glocks vs other platforms. Even the imperfect safety on the M&P would be preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    John, thinking about Sig products (and HK), four inches doesn't seem common as a 9mm barrel length, any idea why they do 3.6-3.8 as opposed to 4.0 on most of their pistols?
    No idea. My guess is that 3.9 is also 100 mm. Maybe some weird Europe thing?
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List