Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: G19 sized options

I've tried mostly everything discussed so far, and here's some of my thoughts on them.

P-07:
    Agree with TicTacticalTimmy on using the CGW firing pin retaining pin. The trigger quality is widely variable out of the box, and some are OK while others are awful with a lot of grit and stacking. I did use some of the parts in the CGW Pro Grade kit as well as the Old Style 85 trigger shoe they make on two of my P-07s. If you go this route instead of using the entire kit, make sure you understand which parts of the CGW kit are not to be mixed and matched with OEM parts. The short reset kit is meant to be used as a system. Certain combinations of the kit with OEM parts are not recommended and will cause problems. Direct optic cut is a readily available option. In some cuts, the firing pin block channel can be exposed and the spring will be retained by the optic. Dawson Precision makes a wide variety of front sight heights. I am concerned that CZ will discontinue or severely limit the support for the P-07 in the near future.

P229:
    This is significantly bulkier feeling than a G19 as I'm sure you're aware. Weight wise, it's similar to a P226 and I prefer the P226. Sig has limited the P229 mostly to the beavertail frames (Legion, Elite, Pro) and the California model with the LCI that interferes with optic cuts as well as the magazine safety locking insert. The beavertail, aside from probably being completely unnecessary for people with hand sizes under the 98th percentile, makes securing the hammer when holstering a bit uncomfortable as well being uncomfortable when bending over if you wear it AIWB. If they left off the beavertail on the Elite and Legion series, I think they would have had a winner. The position of the optic on the RXP/R2 cut and typical aftermarket optic cut will necessitate a moderately high ride if worn AIWB.

92 Centurion/Compact:
    Optic cut necessitates a high holster ride height. Heavy like a P229. Quality control at Beretta TN factory has been underwhelming in my opinion. Still a great pistol. Factory optic cut is awful and I would not find it useable for AIWB carry because it sits so far forward and high. The LTT optic cut is much better but requires their modified parts and still needs a high ride height for me to wear AIWB.

PX4 Compact:
    The commonly available optic cut on this, similar to on the 92, will necessitate a high holster ride height if you wear it IWB/AIWB. If you look at Langdon Tactical's website, there is a picture of the JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 holster for the RDO PX4, and you will see how high that thing is made to ride. Grip texture could only be worse if they put Astroglide on it at the factory. Accessory rail has poor compatibility with common lights.

P2000:
    Somewhat low capacity for the size. Optic milling is limited mostly to Wright Armory, which is very expensive and time consuming, as stated by others. Small magazine release lever.

P320/M18:
    The manual safety that you want is mostly limited to the M17/M18 variants. Can easily get a compact size grip module for the M18 to make it more G19 size instead of G45 size. The M18 has a very snappy feeling recoil to me. The example I have has poor accuracy compared to a Glock Gen 5. Has many long discussions regarding product safety; you'll want to decide on that topic for yourself. I don't personally care for the striker safety lock design powered by the teeny tiny spring. I'm pretty sure I have nose hair thicker than those springs. I sort of regret buying these.

M2.0 Compact:
    This was much more accurate than the 4.25" full size model I have. Manual safety is fine but disengages a bit too easily for my liking. Basically a fully cocked striker despite any claims of it being double action. I wish they had designed the striker block to intercept the striker towards the front rather than catching it at the rear. I haven't heard of the striker snapping in the middle or rear resulting in AD though. No experience with the CORE system. Optics look like they sit pretty high with it. Grip texture is great but they forgot to texture the upper portion of the grip.

All of this makes me want to sell everything and buy a glock. Damn

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    G19 with an SCD is the answer to a lot of questions!

But milling a P2000 would cost less than a new gun.

Name:  20240224_153314.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  48.1 KB

Honestly, all the striker fired 9mms aren’t THAT different. Glock makes a lot of things easy because it’s such a popular product.

These days, I can shoot a 365 Macro as well or better than a Glock 19 (or 320 Compact for that matter) The grip, being slightly longer, is easier for me than the 19 grip. It carries more comfortably because of how thin it is. The magazines are easier to carry and conceal because they are thinner. Most people will be able to work the trigger easier on a Macro than a Glock trigger. My Macros shoot HST 124+P into four inches at 50 yards. Buy a Macro TacOps, take it out of the box, bolt on a Holosun 407/507K, EPS Carry or Romeo X, and you are done.

I am not getting rid of any Glocks, but the Macro has been in my waist band every day for the last three months.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    These days, I can shoot a 365 Macro as well or better than a Glock 19 (or 320 Compact for that matter) The grip, being slightly longer, is easier for me than the 19 grip. It carries more comfortably because of how thin it is. The magazines are easier to carry and conceal because they are thinner. Most people will be able to work the trigger easier on a Macro than a Glock trigger. My Macros shoot HST 124+P into four inches at 50 yards. Buy a Macro TacOps, take it out of the box, bolt on a Holosun 407/507K, EPS Carry or Romeo X, and you are done.

I am not getting rid of any Glocks, but the Macro has been in my waist band every day for the last three months.
    I rusted a sig 365xl, other than that I loved the gun.

I rusted a sig 365xl, other than that I loved the gun.
    I also recall some surface corrosion on an early 365 and especially the mags. They must have changed something, because I have been shooting the crap out of a few Macros and carrying them, with no signs of corrosion.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Impact Machine also mills the p2000's and for a reasonable price. He is the son of Cajun Gun Works and i haven't heard anything negative yet but have no personal experience.

https://impactcncmachine.com/hk-p2000sk/
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Impact Machine also mills the p2000's and for a reasonable price. He is the son of Cajun Gun Works and i haven't heard anything negative yet but have no personal experience.

https://impactcncmachine.com/hk-p2000sk/
    Never knew that family relationship!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

100% only handguns we own currently besides two legacy glocks. Trying to keep it that way

User Tag List