Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: G19 sized options

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I'm not trying to throw poo poo on any ideas of terminal performance out of 9mm out of short barrels, BUT, there's a TON of folks on this forum who happily carry 5 shot 38s loaded with standard pressure wadcutters. Not sure why we would obsess over slightly less performance out of a duty-ish pistol.
    (stares over at my 2" 856 with 158gr SWCs)

"nuh uh"

Nah, in all seriousness...I tend to like the 124gr +P uh...whatever it is...HST? Gold Dot? Critical Duty? IDK, it's really whatever's in stock in the LGS.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I'm not trying to throw poo poo on any ideas of terminal performance out of 9mm out of short barrels, BUT, there's a TON of folks on this forum who happily carry 5 shot 38s loaded with standard pressure wadcutters. Not sure why we would obsess over slightly less performance out of a duty-ish pistol.
    Just speaking for myself here, but happily would be a pretty big overstatement. I rarely carry a 38, when I do it’s with wadcutters because hollow points are spotty at best out of a sub 2” barrel. So it’s the best of a bad situation.

To put it another way, I don’t want to put a bullet that won’t preform well in a given gun. So it makes sense to avoid that situation in something like a G26 just as much (to me anyway). Am I venturing off into nerd shit territory? Yeah, maybe. But better is better and if there’s better options why would I pick something else when it’s my choice what I feed my gun?

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne
    Today I was reminded that 4" is the breaking point for enough barrel to shoot common 9mm duty loads well. Anything less than 4" requires greater care in selection of ammunition.
    Troll level: Master.

David S.

Fixed it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Today I was reminded that 4" is the breaking point for enough barrel to shoot common 9mm duty loads well. Anything less than a 4" barrel with iron sights, requires greater care in sight alignment so as to place said bullet accurately.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    What happened?
    Nothing happened. Just read it in another discussion off-forum about the topic.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

M&P compact
    APX A1 compact

User Tag List