Thread: AIWB holster for Brownells Gen 3 Slide

AIWB holster for Brownells Gen 3 Slide

Hi everyone! I posted this question in the “Non-Glock” Glock Mega Thread, but figured I might as well ask it here as well.

I just purchased a Brownells gen 3 Glock 19 slide milled for an RMR, and have read about holster compatibility issues due to the slide shape/dimensions. I was curious if any of you have any experience with this and know of a quality holster brand that will fit. I’d obviously prefer to buy from Tenicor, JMCK, Dark Star, or Tier 1 Concealed. Thought I’d check here before ordering a holster that might not work out. My internet searches have shown a lot of conflicting, dated information.

Thanks so much for any help!

Not exactly what you were asking, but I bought a GEN 419 Brownell's brand slide for a friend and it fit perfectly in the mastermind appendix holster, I also bought for him.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Hi everyone! I posted this question in the “Non-Glock” Glock Mega Thread, but figured I might as well ask it here as well.

I just purchased a Brownells gen 3 Glock 19 slide milled for an RMR, and have read about holster compatibility issues due to the slide shape/dimensions. I was curious if any of you have any experience with this and know of a quality holster brand that will fit. I’d obviously prefer to buy from Tenicor, JMCK, Dark Star, or Tier 1 Concealed. Thought I’d check here before ordering a holster that might not work out. My internet searches have shown a lot of conflicting, dated information.

Thanks so much for any help!
    My Gen 3 windowed slide works fine in any holster I’ve tried. The original Brownells slides were a problem, but that didn’t last long. I use JMCK AIWB.

Name:  IMG_0788.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  99.9 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    My Gen 3 windowed slide works fine in any holster I’ve tried. The original Brownells slides were a problem, but that didn’t last long. I use JMCK AIWB.

Name:  IMG_0788.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  99.9 KB
    Awesome, thank you so much! Really appreciate the response. I’m about to order a JMCK right now.

Mods, feel free to close this thread. My apologies for taking up space.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not exactly what you were asking, but I bought a GEN 419 Brownell's brand slide for a friend and it fit perfectly in the mastermind appendix holster, I also bought for him.
    Thanks for the info! It sounds like, as Lon just pointed out, that Brownell’s fixed their earlier issues with compatibility. Your post confirms it. Those Mastermind Tactics holsters were really hard to beat at their price point, wish they were still making them.

User Tag List