Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Intros 1911X Pistols

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    And, yes, I'm also surprised this new SIG isn't a double stack. Who owns the old Para brand nowadays?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    I believe it was bought by Remington (or whoever owned Remington) a while back. Not sure if it's 100% gone or filed away for later.

Biggest complaint I remember from back in the day was SIG's use of a rather blocky slide that sort of looked like a P22X. This complicated holster selection.
    I had a Sig Blackwater over a decade ago. It was Sig's answer to the Kimber TLE/RL and comparable models. Shot very well, and I really liked it, but I never did get a holster for it. Sig's external extractors are arguably (or at least Sig will tell you) better than the old internal extractors - I certainly never had an issue.

Side note: Sig dropped the Blackwater name and re-labeled it the TacOps. It was 100% identical other than the name. If you have a Blackwater, it might have a small bit of collector value.

Quote Originally Posted by 60167 View Post
    These look sharp, and I don't mind the external extractor.
    Literally.

They look razor sharp in many places. I'd want to handle one first, because the finish is nice, but may be ruined be having to stone all the sharp spots down.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    1. I'm glad it is single stack. I still don't trust any double stack 1911, and the price premium that "feature" commands isn't worth it to me.
    Won't argue in .45, but in my experience, I'd trust a double stack in 9mm over a single stack. But yes, we're talking a .45.

I'm also surprised this new SIG isn't a double stack.
    Maybe they don't want to compete with their own P226, P320, P365 products.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I know they are accommodating their own line of red dots, but RMS-C footprint? Really?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I wonder if the new models have the firing pin safety.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I know they are accommodating their own line of red dots, but RMS-C footprint? Really?
    Probably actually a 507K style footprint like the P365.

Aren't the larger footprints (RMR and DPP etc) too wide for a standard 1911 without an adapter plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post

Aren't the larger footprints (RMR and DPP etc) too wide for a standard 1911 without an adapter plate?
    DPP is direct mount on the Staccato I believe. But, yes, the RMR screws are too far apart to work on a standard 1911 slide. Note that Stealth Arms is doing a direct mount RMR for the Platypus. The slide is a bit wider at the cocking serrations to accommodate the wide screw spacing.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Probably actually a 507K style footprint like the P365.

Just going off their specs here - plus one of the options is with a preinstalled Romeo-X Compact which is RMSc. Or is 507c a variant off RMSc?

Name:  IMG_5247.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  47.7 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List