Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Intros 1911X Pistols

I wish they’d bring their C3 CCO back.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Getting one as soon as a 9mm commander is out

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    A former co-worker had a Max Michel he used in USPSA Single Stack. The gun always ran great from what little I saw.

SIG at one point had probably more variants of the 1911 that any other maker. Maybe that was a problem. Too many vairants to really dial in the QC?

In any case, it looks like the offerings have really been trimmed back.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Kimber. But obviously they aren't tuned in to the 1911 market.

A neighbor just purchased one for $600 used. I haven't seen it but I bet it's a shooter.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    While I'm not specifically planning to do likewise, it's going to be very hard not to do likewise.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Same here, I would be in for one in that configuration. I don't need any more 45 1911's.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I see SIG has a couple new 1911 offerings. I'm actually surprised these aren't available in 9mm.
    I’m surprised it’s not a wide body.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Same here, I would be in for one in that configuration. I don't need any more 45 1911's.

TXPO
    Sacrilege!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post

TXPO
    Looking at SIG's 1911 lineup I'm not seeing anything other than 45 Auto. I know SIG previously offered several different 9mm 1911s and also at least one in 40 S&W.

I think these various calibers worked okay. Biggest complaint I remember from back in the day was SIG's use of a rather blocky slide that sort of looked like a P22X. This complicated holster selection.

Also gone from the SIG 1911 line is anything smaller than Commander.

I assume if these other options had sold well, SIG would still be offering them. But then SIG does have a reputation of abandoning products just as they start to become popular.

It will be interesting to see what happens here. Will other companies take note and start selling railed and optic gun single stacks and/or will SIG drop the 1911-X line next year to spite those who were saving their pennies or waiting on others to provide feedback?

I guess I'm actually a bit surprised that Springfield didn't announce a single stack Operator with the Prodigy/Agency plate. And, yes, I'm also surprised this new SIG isn't a double stack. Who owns the old Para brand nowadays?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

When I lived in NH and was a regular at the SIG Academy Pro Shop, I would usually eyeball the 1911s on display. At that point they were getting scarce - I came close to picking up a steel frame bobtail Commander that they made but ended up with DW ECPs instead. I’ve wanted a C3 for a gazillion years, but really don’t need one.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    1. I'm glad it is single stack. I still don't trust any double stack 1911, and the price premium that "feature" commands isn't worth it to me.

2. I'm glad it is 45. If you've been a longtime reader of Yam, Vickers, and feedback from users, 9mm and 40S&W 1911s have never been worth the squeeze.

3. I'm glad it is full size. See #2.

Someone above mentioned SIGs enormous number of 1911 SKUs in the past and Kimber as well...there is a reason those TWO companies were that way, and it had to do with a single individual. And it tied directly to a decline in quality.

User Tag List