Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: SIG Intros 1911X Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    How is the trigger on your copy? Hilton Yam posted initial impressions and he was not at all impressed by the trigger. Of course he can clean it up, but he is assessing the gun with its original parts and no smithing.
    Where did he post? I don’t follow him.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Where did he post? I don’t follow him.
    It's on his Patreon page.

It's on his Patreon page.
    I just resubscribed. I thought his comments may have been in the form of an "initial impression" video. Hopefully that will come later.

I do see his gun is topped with the X Compact.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I just resubscribed. I thought his comments may have been in the form of an "initial impression" video. Hopefully that will come later.

I do see his gun is topped with the X Compact.
    He posted three times about it, including descriptions of the unboxing and the first range session. Pretty much "initial impression" type stuff.

If Hilton keeps the gun to publish more content about it, I would expect him to replace the fire control components.

He posted three times about it, including descriptions of the unboxing and the first range session. Pretty much "initial impression" type stuff.

If Hilton keeps the gun to publish more content about it, I would expect him to replace the fire control components.
    I'll scroll back through the older posts and be sure to check out his earlier stuff, then.

I assume he'll, at some point, swap out the guts since I'm all but certain the sear and disconnector are MIM.

Last edited by Tokarev; 04-16-2024 at 09:11 AM.

You need to be at the $10 level to see anything since it’s all videos. I’ll pass.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You need to be at the $10 level to see anything since it’s all videos. I’ll pass.
    I'd guess most of his subscribers are paying the higher memberships to get access to the more detailed materials? The highest tier subscribers actually did a virtual pistol build last year on a base Springfield.

Another 50 rounds fired using the MEC-GAR and a Wilson 10rd. Flawless!

70 additional rounds fired today. The gun continues to run fire. Ammo today was some old 200 grain LSWC reloads, some hardball and some more 200 grain Berry's HHPs.

One thing of interest is that my old Hilton Yam Special Super Seven mags don't lock the slide open. Unmodified Chip Power Mags, Wilson Combat and MEC-GAR have no issue with this.

I just got done cleaning the piece. I checked the EPS mounting screws and found them to have just started loosening.

I need to find out what a proper screw length might be. Then I'll either file down some long screws or try to find screws of the appropriate length.

User Tag List